Chapter 17- All This Time

Ryan's P.O.V

"Kim, will you marry me?" I said as I got down on one knee. I don't think I have ever been this nervous before. I wasn't even nervous when I asked Genevieve to marry me. I took a hold of her hand as I stared at her bourbon brown eyes. She looks shocked.

"Say something." I pleaded. What if she says no? I don't think I'll be able to handle the rejection.

"Uh Ryan? You forgot to open the box." She said biting her lip.

"Oops! Sorry." I gave out a nervous chuckle. Then out of nowhere, she she gets close to me, goes down on her knees in front of me, she places her hand on the box and kisses me gently.

"Yes." She whispered in my ear. I let out a huge sigh of relief. I look at her smiling at me. "Uh can we get up now? People are starting to stare at us." I said as people were actually staring at us.

She blushes and I got up and helped her up as well. I opened the box and her eyes open wider than they already are.

"Ryan, it's beautiful." She gasped as I took the the ring with black diamond and white diamonds that ran halfway across the band and a big black diamond in the middle out of the box and slipped it into her finger.

"Just like you." I said as I pulled her by the waist as her lips crashed into mine.

"So we're engaged now?" She said as we pulled away from each other.

"Yeah, we are."

"Kimberly Tedder... I like the sound of it." She giggled at me.

Once we got to the hotel, everyone was waiting for us at the lobby.

"So how'd it go?" Asked Eddie jumping up and down like a little girl. The both of us couldn't help but laugh.

"Kim what's that?" Asked Amanda as she and Renee rushed over to us grabbing her hand.

"Oh my god." Exclaimed Renee.

"Are you guys engaged?" Shouted Amanda in shock.

She looks up at me and smiles. "Yep. We're engaged." She giggles. I took a glance at my watch. 10:45 "Kim let's go we gotta pack our stuff for Tunisia." I said as I took her hand and went into our room.

As she was packing I decided to play a song off of our Waking Up album on the iHome dock. I started singing to her.

"Six on the second hand till new year's resolutions,There's just no question what this man should do

Take all the time lost, all the days that I cost, Take what I took and give it back to you

All this time we were waiting for each other, All this time I was waiting for you, We got all these words, can't waste them on another, So I'm straight in a straight line running back to you

I don't know what day it is, I had to check the paper, I don't know the city but it isn't home, You say I'm lucky to love something that loves me, But I don't as I could be wherever I roam

All this time we were waiting for each other, All this time I was waiting for you, Got all these words, can't waste them on another

So I'm straight in a straight line running back to you, yeah

Oh, running back to you

Yeah

Oh, I would travel so far

I would travel so far

To get back where you are

All this time we were waiting for each other, All this time I was waiting for you, Got all this love, can't waste it on another, So I'm straight in a straight line running back to you, Straight in a straight line running back to you, Straight in a straight line running back to you, Straight in a straight line running back to you"

"Ryan you are so perfect." She said as she walked over to me and pressed her lips on mine.

"I love you."

"I love you too"