Chapter 5

Eight Days Later...

I woke up with Ryan wrapped around me like a blanket, snoring in my ear. Something kept eating at me for the past week. Why didn't Ryan want me to listen to those two songs? They were just so beautiful but yet they brought back memories of my past. I sighed to myself. I look at the time. 6:01.

"Ryan?"

"Hmmm?"

"At what time are you supposed to be at the military base?"

"9 o' clock. Why?"

"Oh cause it's 6:04 right now."

"Fuck! Call the guys I'm gonna run in the shower." Said Ryan as he jumped from the bed and into the bathroom.

"Um yeah sure." I said knowing well that he didn't hear me. I grab my phone and called Drew, Eddie, and Brent waking them up. I called Zach and I hear Renee's voice on the other line.

"Hey Kim what's up?" She said groggily.

I check my phone to make sure it was Zach that I was calling.

"Uhhh hey Renee can you tell Zach that he has to wake up now? The guys have to go to the military base."

"Yeah. I'll let him know. Hey Kim, wanna go get breakfast then go to the ballroom they have here for practice?"

"Yeah, sure just hit me up when you wanna go."

"Cool! See ya later shrimp." She hangs up the phone. Zach calls me shrimp since I'm short. Damn it, he must've told her.

Ryan runs out of the bathroom and gets dressed in his "Some People Call me Maurice" t-shirt, cargo shorts, and sandals. He then grabs his "New Divisions" t-shirt, navy blue pants, and combat boots and stows them away in his back pack. He quickly goes to brush his teeth and puts a hat on since he doesn't have time to style it.

"Are you gonna come with me?" Said as he grabbed his bag and set it by the door.

"No, I've got practice today and apparently Renee has some serious explaining to do." I said as I pulled out some clothes from my bag.

"Oh okay. But you're still coming to the Fourth of July concert right?" He asked.

"Yeah of course." I said as I walked over to him and gave him a peck on the lips.

"Good. I'll tell Mark to pick you and the other girls up okay?" He said as he kissed me back.

"Okay, have fun today!" I said as he grabbed his bag and put it over his shoulder.

"Don't worry, I will. I'll text you when I get there." He answered as he walked out the door.

I made sure that he left. I run back into the room and placed my phone on the iHome dock that was on his nightstand started playing both "The Waltz" and "Wait" as I went into the bathroom. As the water cascades down my body, I start singing along to the first song.

"Caught in a game of war, traded your heart for a hand better than before

See, I let you down, oh, you pushed me out

I let you win. I let you win"

Hearing his voice as if he was here was something I used to do when we were away from each other. It made me really think that he was actually with me. I get out of the bathroom wrapped in a towel. As I start to get dressed, I felt a sudden chill run down my spine and I felt same feeling I had back in Houston, that somebody is watching me.

I grab my clothes run into the bathroom to get dressed there. As I finished getting dressed, I quickly grabbed my phone off the dock, grabbed my duffle bag and looked for Zach's room. As I run down the hall, I bumped into Renee and Amanda. They've gotten along nicely since I've been here.