Chapter 24- Waterfront

Ryan's P.O.V

A few days after the Boston concert, we decided to take few days off and decided to stay in Massachusetts. I love history and Boston is the perfect place for people like me. Kim and I really haven't had a real date since I proposed to her in New York. So I gotta make this real special for her.

I told the girls to distract her while I got everything ready for our date. My phone goes off. I check my phone and smile.

"Hello?"

"Hi dad!"

"Hey buddy did you get the present I sent you for your birthday?"

"Yeah dad thank you for the electric keyboard."

"When I get back from tour I'll teach you how to play alright kiddo?"

"Okay dad how's Kimberly? I miss her."

"What? And you don't miss me?" I said sounding like I was hurt.

"I miss you dad too dad but I miss her more. She says I'm her little man." He giggles.

"I knew you were going to be a ladies man like your old man, but now your stealing my girlfriend?"

The both of us laughed and I hear Genevieve take the phone.

"Hi Ryan."

"Hey Gen, did he really like his birthday gift?"

"Of course he does, takes after his father."

"I want to have him over at my house when I get back."

"Of course Ryan. How are things with you and Kimberly?"

"We're actually engaged."

"Oh that's great!"

"Yeah, listen I gotta go I'll talk to Copeland when I get back to the bus alright?"

"Okay, I'll give the phone to him so he can say good bye." She hands him the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey Cope, I gotta go I'll call you when I get back okay?"

"Okay dad bye."

"I love you Copeland."

"I love you too." He said and hung up.

"Hey Ryan you decent?" Asked Zach as he walked in putting his hands over his eyes.

"Yes, Zach I am." I chuckled as I threw on a gray button up over my white Depache-MODE t-shirt.

He walks in and just stares at me.

"What?"

"Dude is that really what you're gonna wear on your date?"

"Yeah why?"

"Because you look stupid."

"Oh, and you think you can pick better?"

He crosses his arms and stares at me.

"Alright, what did you have in mind." I said rolling my eyes.

"We'll first of all take off that button up you look like an idiot." He said as he grabbed my bag and started looking through my clothes.

"Here wear this." He said throwing me some dark gray jeans, black shirt with three buttons, and brown combat boots.

"Alright dad." I said laughing at him as I shut the bathroom door behind me. I don't know why I didn't think about wearing this before? I walked out of the bathroom wearing the clothes Zach threw at me.