Steamy Showers

"White lips, pale face," I sang softly in the shower. "Breathin' in the snowflakes."

"Burnt lungs, sour taste," I heard a deep voice sing.

Scared as shit, I let out a shrill shriek. "What the hell, Liam!?" I yelled.

"Sorry, Angel," he teased, staying true to the song.

"Get out of the bathroom! I'm naked!" I screamed.

"Woah, woah, woah!" Louis chanted, walking into the bathroom. It's times like this I'm glad that the shower curtain wasn't clear or see-through.

"What's going on, Lou?" Harry's voice rang out. Larry af.

"Get the fuck out of the bathroom!" I yelled, grabbing a bar of soap.

"Why are you having a meeting without me?" an Irish boy called. "There better not be food."

I chucked the bar of soap over the curtain rod as hard as I could. "Fuck!" Louis yelled to my satisfaction. "Oh, shit that hurts. There's soap in my fucking eye!"

"Louis, are you okay? Louis?" Harry worried. Larry af.

"Get the fuck out of the bathroom, you dick heads!" I yelled.

Then, the worst thing happened. The most terrible thing. The most embarrassing moment of my life.

Louis ripped open the shower curtain. "What the fuck, Addie?!" he yelled, throwing the bar of soap on the ground at my feet. Then his eyes widened, realizing what he had done.

My eyes were huge as I saw the other three boys staring at me, and not my eyes. Not knowing what to do, I raised my leg and kicked Louis in his special place. In my embarrassment, I covered myself as well as I could with my arms and stared at the four wide-eyed boys. Well, one of them was curled up on the ground.

Niall quickly walked up to the shower and pulled the curtain shut. "Okay, that's enough," he said and I heard him push the boys out of the door. When the door shut, I peeked out of the shower curtain to make sure Louis was not still on the floor. I locked the door without leaving the shower.

Totally embarrassed and humiliated, I sat under the running water and cried. The real reason I cried was because I was so insecure. I wasn't fat and I had a nice figure, but I was so insecure about my body.

Fuck Louis. He's the real raisin.

Eventually, I ran out of tears and decided I'd wasted enough water. I washed the tears off of my face before getting out of the shower. As soon as I was dry enough and dressed, I ran to my room and locked the door, hiding under my quilt.

There was a knock at the door. "Addie?" It was Louis's voice. I said nothing. "Adeline Louise Malik, I know you're in there." I remained quiet, fighting off a fresh wave of tears. "A-Addie, pl-please." He fumbled with the door, realizing it was locked. "Ads, we need to talk."

I climbed out of bed and walked to the door. I zipped my jacket all the way up before I opened the door. Louis bit his lip. "I'm so sorry," he said. "That was a dick move. I should've thought about it, but I was mad and wondering what my guide dog would be named and I'm so sorry, Addie."

"I'm sorry I kicked you," I whispered, looking at my feet and folding my arms over my chest, highly uncomfortable.

"Punch me, Ads." I looked at him, confused. "After what I did, I deserve it."

I looked at him offering his face. I knew he wouldn't expect me to actually do it. So, I balled my hand into a fist the way Zayn had taught me and hit his jaw as hard as I could. Louis rubbed his jaw and smiled at me. "Are we good?" he asked, opening his arms.

I just squeezed him and cried into his shirt. "I'm so sorry," he whispered repeatedly. "I'm so, so sorry."

I nodded when I stopped crying and wiped my eyes on my sleeve. "Sorry," I whispered.

"I'm sorry," he replied.

When he left, I went to Niall's room. I knocked on the door. He came and opened the door. "Addie?" He sounded a bit surprised, but let me in his room.

"Uh, thanks for, um, you know," I mumbled, covering my chest with my arms.

"I'm sorry that happened," he said.

"It's not your fault."

"Don't blame yourself either," he said.

Niall hugged me and I wrapped my arms around him in response. His lips reached to mine and we shared a sweet kiss. It wasn't intense or needy. It was just calm and loving. But as I left his room, I couldn't help but feel guilty. For the shower incident. And for other things.