Chapter 10

*** hey y'all! So I'm updating this cuz I'm not sure how much time I will have on my hands since school is starting back up and all.. Yeah the teachers told me that I should have atleast 2 hours of homework every day.. And to make it even better, I'm taking engineering 1st semester (wait it gets better) in 2nd period. That's too early in the morning for me to be thinking like that!! But my English 2 class in 2nd semester is 1st period.. That's my fav class lol. ******

CHAPTER 10

Rose speed walked all the way to te staircase and then suddenly came to a halt. Wait, where was she going? She didn't know how to get out!

Just figuring she would figure it out for herself, Rose scurried down the staircase and headed for a pair of chestnut colored doors.
Before she could open the massive doors, a man stopped her.

"Well hello there, Sofia! Such a delight to see that you actually attended! You gave me great doubt that you were not coming to any social gathering ever again, according to that, rather hurtful missive you sent to me a fortnight ago or so.."

The last statement he said with a puppy dog face look.

Rose was shocked. Who was this Sofia? What was he talking about?

Figuring she should inform him that she wasn't his Sofia, she spoke up, in a rather unsettled voice.

"Umm sir, I hate to deter your hopes, but I am not this Sofia you speak of. I am Rose..umm I mean,"

She gave out her name before thinking. This might cause her some trouble later on, she thought.

"Rose? You've always been a sneaky one, but never a good sneaky one. You cannot trick me so easily. I remember that time you thought you had me good, but I figured it out eventually. But really; Rose? What kind of disguise name is that?"

The man looked at her with anticipation; waiting for an answer to what he figured out.

Rose held her chin up high, and spoke with annoyance.

"Sir, I am not this Sofia you speak so brashly of. If she really is trying to escape you so bad, why don't you just leave the poor girl alone?"

Obviously shocked by not having her admit to being called out, and speaking out against him, the man took on a confused look.

Finally sorting out what was in his brain, he poked out his chest and jutted his jaw.

"Nonsense. You never were clear headed. Your coming with me back home, or debtors prison. Whichever you choose. Whatever it takes, I WILL get what I need from you."

Rose glared angrily at him.

"Oh? And what do you need from me?"

The man grabbed her arm roughly and kicked one of her legs.

"I need, and WILL get, my title you promised me. And, the REAL deed. Not the made up one!"

"No wonder this Sofia girl decided to cut all ties with you," Rose muttered to herself.

This earned her another kick to the shin.
She whimpered from the impact.

He started to drag Rose to the door and she began to scream. She didn't want to go with this man.

"Shut yourself! Or you will pay with far more hurt!"

She still continued to scream for help but he covered his massive callous hand over her mouth. She bit him, but he didn't feel it.

He continued to drag her out to the carriage, until they were at the gate.

Almost to the dreaded carriage, Rose prayed silently; for this sure was to be a nightmare if lived.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pierce glanced out of the window out of habit, only to spot a young lady being dragged to a carriage.
That young lady looked familiar, he thought.
"Rose!" He said aloud.

After this new revelation, Pierce darted out of the castle and toward
the man and Rose.

He was almost to them when the man shoved Rose ruffly into the carriage.

"Stop!" Pierce yelled at the man.

Looking back, the man jumped into the carriage and said something to the driver. The carriage suddenly lurched forward into motion.

Thinking that he would be faster on horseback that foot; Pierce darted over to the stable.

Making sure to keep the carriage in view, he hopped on Night and took off for the run-away carriage.

Finally catching up, Pierce was level with the horses pulling the carriage.

All of a sudden, a genius idea sprang in his head.

Getting ahead the speeding carriage,
Pierce then turned his horse around to face the oncoming carriage.
He reared his horse.

The plan seemed to work. The horses pulling the carriage became spooked and reared up. They stopped moving, even as much as the driver was using the whip on them.
Waiting for the right moment, Pierce hopped on the horses and cut the main harness and dismantled the axle. The horses disconnected from the carriage and it came to a stand-still.

The driver had a befuddled look on his face.
Pierce was hopping off of the front part of the carriage as Rose's captor stepped out of the carriage; looking very infuriated at the fact that the carriage stopped.
When he laid his eyes upon the horses and axel, a look of confusion passed across his face.

Not knowing wether to run up and knock the man unconscious or to just stand there and look rather silly, Pierce chose the latter.

The man walked up to Pierce rather curiously; and Pierce could see that the man was trying to see his face clearly.
When he got close enough, a look of surprise and alarm was taken by the man.

"Not expecting me, were you," Pierce said rather too casually.

"Oh, your royal highness! What an honor to umm, be in your presence!"
The man looked at his feet, clearly embarrassed.

"My name is umm Sir Herald."

Pierce stared down this 'sir herald' and began to think of what to say.

"So, sir herald. If you like being in my presence so very much, then why, pray tell, did you leave my festivities so earnestly?"
A hint of suspicion laced his words.

"Well, you see, my wife is sick and I must get her back to our estate as soon as possible. She's very troubled."

Deciding to end this game, King Pierce jogged toward the carriage door and flung it open.

Rose was tied up in the corner.
Acting fast, Pierce jumped in the seat next to her and began cutting the ropes with his knife. Suddenly seeing Pierce, Rose made a noise of surprise.

"Pierce, oh Pierce, thank you so much! I don't know what would've happened to me if you wouldn't of -"

"And what, are you doing with my wife?"
Sir Herald was glaring at Pierce through the door of the carriage.

Having enough of this man's foolishness, he spoke up.

"Well, for one, this isn't your wife. And, for another, you just got a free ticket to prison for kidnapping this young lady here."

"But, but, ok she's not my wife; but she does owe me a lot of money. And I have a right to take her to make her pay."

Rose looking more annoyed than ever, she rolled her eyes.
"I am not this lady you speak of. I have no association with her or any type of money."

"But, you favor her so well. You think you fool me!"

Pierce was then the one looking confused.
"Excuse me, Sir Herald, but this young lady is not the one you're looking for."

"Nonsense!" Sir herald barked. "You will move out of the way, King pierce, and let me take what belongs to me!"

The king laughed.
"I will do no such thing. You're speaking such nonsense."

Sir herald pulled out a long bladed knife.

Sir herald jumped toward Rose, held her in place by her hair, and held the knife up to her neck.

"King pierce, since you care so much about this girl that's actually portraying to be someone else, then if you don't leave, I'm gonna leave a big ugly scar; right down her elegant neck."

Pierce looked from Rose's pleading eyes, to the knife.

With his mind set on his decision, he began a plan.

______ HEEY Y'ALL! So, how do you like it so far?
What do you think will happen to Rose??! What was Pierces decision??
:D yeah so I've been having 3 hours of homework, and what I put in the beginning of the chapter was like, 2 weeks ago.
I'm graduating school a year early (planning on it) so I have to get amazing grades lol.
So, tell me what you think! Oh and band is so amazing:) my high school has the best band ever:) bhaahah of course I say that but it's super true...

DONT FORGET TO

VOTE ~ COMMENT~ SHARE