Chapter 1

CHAPTER 1  

King Pierce was taking an evening ride on his horse when he came upon his late wife's grave.

"It was too soon," the King thought. His wife died shortly after his coronation. 

They've only been married for two fortnights until his wife was snagged out of his life and into eternity.

A man didn't want Pierce on the thrown, so he took it upon himself to try and poison the new king.

He some deadly poison in one of his drinks. Pierce would of been dead too, if it hadn't been for that bloody ignoramus of a servant that gave his wife the poisoned drink instead. He lost his wife from that whim of a servant's accident.

His empire was now queen-less, so he was currently on a tedious journey in finding a new queen; a new wife.

Pierce wasn't at all akin to the idea, but for his nation's sake it must be done. 

He was thinking about it one afternoon and came up with the most dreaded idea, hence being also the best choice. A ball. The one thing king pierce loathed.  

"A ball would be a splendid idea your highness." The butler squirmed under the king's scrutiny.  

"A ball is most definitely not a splendid idea, but an effective way indeed." Pierce sighed, his words drowned with agitation.

" I wish it were only that the wretch wouldn't of gave my wife the wrong drink and I have partook of it myself. That way I wouldn't have to deal with this misfortune."

" Your highness! Do not say such vile things!"  

" hmm, I've never imagined vile things being temptingly better than reality."  

The king rolled his eyes.

" Tsk tsk. You are only twenty as three, and claim you know reality. You, my king, do not know the feeling of mere reality, lest the full blow of it. For goodness sake, you lived in the luxury of a castle from your youth up!"

The king's usually light, caramel colored eyes glazed over menacingly dark and took a step toward his butler, which had his nose turned up.  

" how dare you say such things! I lost my only love by a man serving me under my own castle walls trying to kill ME! Not her! How do you think how that feels, for your wife to get killed when you were the original target? If anyone knows how reality feels, it is I. You are dismissed. Leave me be."

With the King's wrath poured upon him, the butler scurried away, losing all the pride he received when he spoke his mind.

Next time he would most surely remember that wasn't a wise thing to do when addressing the king.

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE:)