Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2

~ 1 week later~

King Pierce surveyed the newly arranged furnishings in the castle. He nodded his head of approval at a maid polishing the stairwell.

The king has never seen the castle look so grand. Pierce had to admit; he had some hard working employees for his castle.

The 'Grand Ball' was a week away and guests were already arriving. A group of giggling women with gaudy traveling clothes were being escorted through the corridor of the castle.

"These women of society probably attend balls and galas every week."

Pierce spotted a group of finely dressed women of high social statuses and wealthily dressed men on their side. It seemed like they were just to familiar with the order of things.

The King's valet interrupted his thoughts.

"Your highness, you have guests arriving. By my head,they're of a most nice sort, aren't they?"

"By my heel, I do not care. They are of a nice sort, but I wouldn't expect any less. You must've forgotten that my recipients for the invites were carefully chosen."

"Oh sir, please do look on the bright side of things for the while?" The valet gave Pierce a slight smile.

" I shall consider that. But, for the time being, I have some rather important matters to attend to. Please give any escorts or chauffeuring to our lovely guests; I would appreciate it."

"Bu.. But Sire! That's not my job! My job is to assist you in anythi.."

"I know what your job is, John. And you will be doing your job, by assisting ME, and doing what's asked of you."

" yes sir."

"You may proceed with your current task for now."

The king turned and headed for the staircase.

Almost to the stairs, a hand was laid roughly against his shoulder. Pierce turned around quickly, to find a unnaturally tall woman with too much rouge on inches away from him. He backed up awkwardly.

"Oh King Pierce! What a pleasure to meet yer acquaintance! Im Dinah!"

' hardly an acquaintance,' Pierce thought.

"This ball is gonna be real interesting; with YOU putting it on and all. I can't wait!" The overly exuberant woman fluttered her stubby eyelashes at him.

"Ummm.. "

Pierce eyed his valet from where he was standing. The valet made his way over to where him and the.. Lady.. we're conversing. Well, more like a one-way conversation.

"Good day madam! Do you need to be shown to your room? I can call a maid for you. Do you need assistance in any way?"

Pierce could tell John was trying his hardest to get this woman away. He was very glad for his valet at this moment.

"Not thanks, kind sir. I'm right fine where I'm at."

"Ummm.. Actually , I have important things that need attending to, not that talking to you isn't impor.."

The valet cut in on his sentence.

"Yes! The king is extremely busy and needs to leave."

King Pierce's valet was a life saver.

"Oh go on right ahead. I'll be seeing you later, Mr. Kingy!"

The indecorous woman left, while wagging her unattractive rear end.

"Not interested." The King muttered. " some people have money and status, but thus no propriety. How is that legitimate?"

The king rolled his eyes.

"Thank you for the rescue, John. I don't know how else I would of escaped that dilemma. Now I shall be leaving."

"Best of luck with your, important matters, my king."

Pierce ascended the stairs to his chambers. He sat on his bed to take off his boots.

"Very important matters indeed," Pierce said with a yawn.

With that said, he fell asleep.

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE OR COMMENT YOUR OPINION:)