Chapter 7

***sorry guys I haven't been updating lately, but a lot has been going on.. Y'all keep me in y'all's prayers; I've been trying SO HARD to raise money for this youth conference thing, and it just ain't goin my way:( but, I will find a way:) ❤

CHAPTER 7

Dinah looked around frantically for her 'Kingy', and when she couldn't succeed, she settled to just sitting at a table and drinking (more like guzzling) refreshments.

A flock of ladies came her way, in high pursuit of receiving some new gossip.

"Hello, who am I in the pleasure of meeting? I am Lady Martha. Duchess of Gwenburg."

Dinah smiled a nervous smile at Lady Martha; she wasn't accustomed to talking to such high standing society women.

"Oh, me? I am umm.. Dinah! Yes, that's it, Dinah!"

She smiled even more awkwardly, trying to please the duchess.

The duchess of Gwenburg upturned her nose at Dinah; clearly disappointed by her reply.

Another lady, who wore a deep purple dress that had a delicate corsage to match, spoke next.

"So, I heard you were the.. Lady, whom so boldly notified the king of your interest in him. Is that true?"

"Umm, yes; yes it is true. I'm the lady!" Dinah said this with too much smiling.

"Well, I had to ask you because you so shyly talk to us. How is it that a lady can so boldly talk to the highest ranking person in royalty; but can barely carry on a greeting with a couple of ladies, not that high up in society? Any how, don't get too bold. Someone might start a rumor or some sort about it!"

The ladies cackled at the irony.

The flock of women dashed away and Dinah watched them all disperse into the crowd.

'They think that I'm being too bold, but they just watch and see when I'm the queen of this kingdom! They won't be laughing then; I'll make sure of that alright!'

She smiled, showing crooked yellow teeth.

"Yes, I'll make sure NOBODY will ever look or think about me disdainfully. The king will be mine!"

Not noticing she had conjured a crowd, she continued to absentmindedly speak her mind for people to hear.

"I'll demand his every attention on me. If he doesn't like me, I'LL MAKE EM LIKE ME!"

Dinah suddenly looked up, only to find a quite quizzical crowd surrounding her. One lady came up to her.

"Pray tell, what are you intoxicated with to speak with such demeanor?"

Another lady spoke up.

"She's crazy! Ludicrous! Someone fetch a psychiatrist and lock her up!"

A butler came over to see what was the stir up about.

"Errm, is anything amiss ma'ams?"

"If anything was that this crazy woman is spouting out balderdash!"

"Well, miss, Dinah I think it is. Can you please not cause such disturbances to our guests?"

The butler felt uncomfortable being in front of everyone, consulting this woman.

"Guests??! Sir, do you not remember that I am a guest myself, and can do whatever pleases me?"

"Actually, no you cannot. You, being under the castles roof, is subject into paying mind all castle rules and regulations; one being not to disturb the peace. That is what you are doing so."

Dinah rolled her eyes impetuously, wanting to give this man a piece of her mind, but thought against it. She wanted to win the king; and wouldn't be able to do so when she gets kicked out of castle grounds.

Not really wanting to comply, but wanting these people to rid of her presence, she admitted her faults, and bid good afternoon to the crowd. She climbed the stairs and started on her way to the guests wing.

"I'm gonna write a letter!," she said giddily. "Yes, that's it! Perfect. Lucille would be able to help me win him!"

Dinah smiled insanely at her new idea.

Dinah entered the room she was designated to stay in and went straight to the desk. She fished out a quill and some paper from the drawer. She began her letter:

"My dearest Lucille,

Currently, as you probably know already, I am attending the Royal Ball. Seems rather odd of me, but I have my reasons. For one, I believe I can persuade the king to marry me. You're probably wondering, why I would care to do such a thing. Well, I have an answer for you. When I'm queen, I'll be able to have a say so in what goes on in this kingdom. I will then be able to sway the king to my ideas, and then gradually take over. Seems legit? I think so. Please do write back. I need some tips in making someone like me. Have any suggestions?

In kindest regards,

Dinah Regall "

After writing this, she folded the letter and tucked it into an envelope and wrote the address in which it should be sent.

She put the envelope on the desk; promising herself to give it to one of the maids later on so it will be delivered.

Dinah strolled over to the window and gazed out. She spotted a woman, younger than herself, sitting primly on one of the benches in the midst of the garden.

She had light brown hair that had golden flecks in it that shone in the sunlight. Though not very dark, she had a lovely complexion.

"I know I would get him, if only I looked like that beauty," Dinah thought in distaste.

Dinah gave a snort.

'But nonetheless, I will become the queen. Even if I die trying.'

PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE, COMMENT, AND SHARE:)

***sorry for not updating soon enough, but I was truly busy. Keep reading:) until next time; my lovelies!!