Chapter 6

CHAPTER 6

Pierce carried the limp beauty in his arms upstairs to the healer room.

She was incredibly light.

Of course his footmen were quite surprised at the scene of him with a young woman in his arms, but he didn't feel like explaining.

When they got the the healers room, he explained what happened and motioned toward the deep cut.

"Just lay her on that bed, and I'll just doctor the cut up a bit," the healer said, rather cheerily.

He did as bade and stepped back a little, not sure of what to do next.

"You can leave now. She's in good hands with me."

Not feeling totally convinced at his words, but still trusting his healer, he decided that he was gonna stay. In case he needs assistance of sort.

"Lyson, err, I'd rather stay in here. In case you need help. With, the girl."

Pierce found saying this to be very awkward.

" but Your Highness, how can someone so royal assist me in MY job? I mean, you should really return to the festivities, that are, of course, hosted by yourself!"

"That's what you are; a healer. Not a King's advisor. So, don't try to act like one. I know how to make my own decisions thank you," Pierce said smoothly.

"So, therefor, I choose to stay."

"Fine then, but don't get in my way."

The healer began cleaning the wound and mixing herbs together to make an ointment.

Then, he applied the ointment to the cut. When completed on that task, he covered it with a piece of cotton and tied cloth over it.

"Umm, just wondering, but when is she, ya know, gonna wake up?"

The King was concerned for her.

"I can wake her up right now, if you want. Just let me get the smelling salt."

Lyson dug through a drawer and took out some smelling salt. He put it under her nose, and her eyes started to flutter open.

Pierce felt a wave of relief come over him, knowing that she came into consciousness.

After giving orders to some maids to prepare a room for his new guest, he just sat down and looked at her confused face.

"Well, you've finally woke up," he chuckled.

After receiving an even more confused look from Rose, he just laughed and walked out of the room, leaving her to herself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rose sat up out of the bed, and looked around at the strange surroundings she was now in.

Hearing the man's voice, she quickly remembered the previous occurrences.

Remembering that she was in the castle, she felt light headed all the more.

Rose just couldn't fathom that man named Pierce was the king.

She sat there a little longer, lost in her thoughts, when a maid came in.

"Oh, miss, I was told to show you to your temporary room. Please follow me."

Rose looked at the maid with a questioning expression.