Chapter 8

**** OK Y'ALL SO I DONT HAVE THE BOLD TOOL, SO IM JUST GONNA USE CAPS LOCK.. Lol. BUT I REALIZE THAT SOME OF MY CHAPTERS ARE SUPER SHORT, AND IM GONNA START CHANGING THAT:) IMA SERIOUSLY TRY TO UPDATE AS MUCH AS I CAN, CUZ I KNOW HOW AGGRAVATING IT CAN BE TO BE READING A BOOK, AND IT JUST STOP. I ACCEPT CRITIQUES AND ENCOURAGEMENTS, SO DONT FEEL HINDERED TO DROP EITHER;) ******

CHAPTER 8

Rose, deep in thought, sat on the highly designed bench in the middle of the sumptuous gardens that were heavily contained with the loveliest flowers that grew in that land. There were snapdragons that varied in size and a wide variety of bright colors. Roses of every shade and type were on the left of her, covering a good portion of land. Bouvardias, Anemones, and a lot of other unique flowers blanketed the wide spread garden.

She was sitting there, particularly because she felt uncomfortable in the grand room. She was also just sitting there because she was waiting for the maid to get her for when the dinner was done. She ate earlier, but the king insisted on her to join him for dinner.

That made her even more uncomfortable. She didn't know how to act, if she should talk, what fork to use for what meal. She was clueless about noble etiquette.

'Oh well,' she thought. She would definitely get through it; humiliation or no humiliation.

A couple minutes more of fretting and the same maid that escorted her to the room was quickly walking over to her.

She called from a distance." Oh, missus Rose! I must bring you to the dinner room!"

Rose got up from her seating and walked toward the nervous looking maid.

"Please, come with me, quickly now!"

The maid was speed walking towards the doors and Rose was struggling to keep up; slowed down by the heavy dress she was wearing. King Pierce told one of the maids to fetch one of his late wife's dresses for her. She said she didn't want to impose like that, but he had insisted she wear one of his wife's.

'Tomorrow, that issue would change,'

She thought happily to herself.

A dress maker was coming tomorrow, and Rose would have a new dress. She would at least have suitable wear.

She followed the maid through winding halls and through doors, and she looked in a pair of double doors to find a grand ballroom with people dancing abroad. She then remembered that there was a ball at the castle. She also recalled that it was done so the king would find a new wife to take up the role as queen.

Wait, but why was king Pierce around her instead of the guests? It greatly befuddled her.

She and the maid came across a pair of mahogany double doors and she opened up them and led Rose in.

Rose saw that this was the dinning room.

She gasped.

It was opulent. The long spread table was glasslike and it sat about 12 people.

A pale blue glass chandelier hung about the ceiling that was very high up.

The carpet was a beige- golden color that was also very lush.

The chairs had a brass backing that was bent in designs and the legs of the chair were of the same sort.

The table cloth looked like it had woven strands of gold around the edges and the material looked satin.