Chapter 9

*****heey y'al:) sorry I haven't been updating at all for the past 2 months, but I've been busy (lazy). Lol so yeah it's gonna take a while to get back into the writing mood, so bare with me guys:)****

CHAPTER 9

After dinner, Pierce and Rose conversed in the sitting room.

Pierce was telling Rose a story about this debutant's mother who would try to flaunt her daughter at him at every given opportunity and how she once had tried to capture him to force him to marry her daughter.

Rose couldn't contain her mirth about his story. She hadn't laughed like this in years, it seemed like. He told her stories about all sorts of things, both serious and humorous. His deep laugh at her side comments made her heart flutter, but she wasn't so sure why.

She wondered if all royalty was like this. All serious natured in front of the ton, and playful and funny when alone with friends.

Friends? Wait, why would the king want to be friends with a commoner like Rose? She assumed he probably just felt sorry for her after she told him the story of her life. He would be sensitive to things like that because he's never experienced situations like that.
Yes, Rose thought, he only felt guilty for her. In a week or so his guilt will subside and she would be off again; back to her genius escape plan.

--------~~~~~~~~~~-------

Pierce watched Rose giggle at his stories. He really enjoyed hearing her laugh. It had a soothing, comforting sound to it.
He also liked her smile. She had the loveliest smile he had ever seen.
Pierce also liked when her cute little nose would scrunch up when he would say something in the story that was distasteful.

He thought she thought of him to be to her liking until the sudden change in her facial expression. It went from familiar and at ease to far-away and even somewhat cold.

He didn't like her looking at him this way. He wished he would know what she was thinking about to make her mood change so suddenly so maybe he could change her thoughts.

He stopped rambling on with his stories and looked her in the eyes.
She seemed to have a slightly scared look about them.

Pierce took her hands in his, and she jerked her hands away and stood up.

"Rose, what troubles you so? Have I done something wrong?"

She just looked at the floor.
She opened her mouth to speak, but closed it suddenly.

Pierce stood and came closer to her.

"Rose, would you tell me what is troubling you so? I don't like seeing you in this mood."

Still no response.

"Rose, I need you to tell me what's wrong so I can fix it for you."

She suddenly looked up.

"That's the problem, King Pierce. You royal people have this guilty spot in their heart for poor people who have been through a lot. You try to fix my situation because you feel bad for me, and when your guilt runs out, I'll be back on the streets; running from my parents or worst.
I'll understand though, when your conscience eases. I'm sorry for wasting your time and keeping you from your ball, My King."

With that said, Rose swiftly grabbed a handful of skirts, and ran out of the room.

Pierce couldn't believe what just happened. He knew where she was coming from, and she was partly right. She wasn't fully right because he didn't feel guilty about her and he wasn't like most noble people. He wanted to comfort her, no doubt, but not to ease his conscious. He felt he needed to protect her. He loved her.

Wait, did he just think that he loved her? Not this soon, he thought. Just like.

He left the sitting room on that thought.
Now, he would go search out the lady of his continuous thoughts.

*****yeah sorry guys.. This one's kinda short. Tell me what y'all think will happen with rose! Sorry for such a sad chapter, but I kinda write how my mood is, lol. I'm terribly upset about something, so therefore my overall mood is sad. Keep reading guys, and thanks for all your comments and likes; I really appreciate them. Btw I should be updating way more now that the summer bustle is out of the way. With a schedule I should find a time each week to update:) tell me how u think this is going! *****

As always, don't forget to

VOTE_COMMENT_SHARE:)