IX: Temptations

QOTC:Now you listen to me, Sakura. I've accomplished many things, but one thing I've never done was to spare a life of a human-being. I will rip your friends apart one at a time if they find out.

- Sasuke to Sakura

***********************************************************

Chapter 9: Temptations

Sasuke hasn't felt any miserable in his entire life, the fact that (1) Sakura has literally puked into his favorite shirt, (2) that they're gonna have to clean themselves for a while, and (3) Tobi's gonna kill him.

"Look what you've done, Sa-kura." He said, a hint of gross in his voice as he shook his arms.

Sakura opened her mouth, offended. "This was your fault! You should have listened to me when I told you to slow down!" She was stattering that she'd forgotten he didn't wear his shirt, and that he was staring right at his six-pack.

"Well maybe if one of us has worked on her punctuality then probably we wouldn't have landed here in the first place!"

~ Flashback ~

For the past minutes, Sakura was outrageously flabbergasted by the fascinating view from above; the green outskirts of Oto that she hasn't seen before.The stories have it all wrong. In books, they say the land Orochimaru founded was nothing but an isolated field of nothingness, yet how could a dense, dark vines could actually turn into a wonderful sprout? The pictures; they lack the brightness of what Sakura could have captured in the Land of Sound. There was a sombre almost a savage wildness about Oto that was certainly not likely to appeal to town-urbanization like Konoha, and Sakura, having not ventured for the rest of the life, was accustomed to nothing much more than the abundant mother nature of what she had seen in Oto. She could see why Sasuke had left town.

She was holding tightly in his waist, and she could feel the refreshing spring breeze of Oto as one hand was reaching for the clouds. She was smiling. Sasuke glanced back at her, not wondering why, but maybe this was the first time he'd invited a girl for a ride. Heck, he'd never ask Karin to join him up in the sky if he were to reassure himself. And nothing can makes him even more happier than to make a girl smile like an angel... Something he hasn't seen in his life living as a lie.

And he thought of something.

He hovered the bird a little lower, which made her grip tighten on him or else she could have fallen. "Slow down, will you?!" She was shouting in his ear. But Sasuke pretended not to hear anything. It's like getting scolded by your mother and you'd rather plug your earphones on. The thought of it reminded him of Mikoto again—and Sasuke hasn't listened to anyone in his life except for his beautiful mother. "We're in a hurry," He said, but Sakura was too dizzy and stubborn to listen. "Well if you keep on repeating that again I'll never make it into the hideout before fainting!"

She closed her eyes instead. Damn Uchiha. Instead she glared up into the sky, where in stars in the dark blue firmament twinkled ever so brightly. Sakura wondered if—

Sasuke thought he must have smelled anything, like the stench of food getting spoiled when Suigetsu has mistakenly opened the refridgerator as a colony of flies were swarming over a dried meat. He was about to ask Sakura if she could smell the same thing, just when he's seen the most disgusting thing in his whole life.

"SAKURA!!!!!!!"

Sakura's mouth went wide again, in total loss of words—and then she found someone she could put the blame on. "Don't ask me, it was Ino who placed me in this suite." She said with a snort. Sasuke then must have sensed something about that sentence, only it didn't seem to trigger. He glared at Sakura's face for a while, scanning it, when her hands immediately flew into her mouth. She gasped. She shouldn't have said that. "What did you just say?" He asked aggressively, and he could hear Sakura gulping.