1) Malfoy Manor

The searing pain in my arm began to burn.

     I gripped my hand over my left forearm and cringed. Suddenly my vision went black. I was suffocating. Two seconds later, I was standing in a different room. It was dark and I longed for fresh air. Inhaling, I fell to my knees, the pain disappearing as soon as it had come.

     I coughed and a high, rough voice said, ‘Good to see you are still faithful to me, Hopkins.’

     ‘I didn’t apparate here by will, My Lord,’ I managed to cough out. ‘What do you want?’

     ‘You were always a rebel towards me but still loyal at my side,’ noted the Dark Lord. ‘But I didn’t call you here to compliment you. You failed me again, Hopkins.’

     ‘Stop calling me that!’ I yelled, getting to my feet and reaching for my wand.

     ‘Crucio!’ rasped the Dark Lord quickly.

     I screamed and fell back down to the ground.

     ‘Stop it!’ a deep, brave male voice called out.

     The pain vanished and I panted on the ground, gripping my wand and feeling it would break under my strength.

     ‘Get up, you useless lump. Get up!’ said the Dark Lord, his feet inches from my head. ‘Get up!’ I suddenly got to my feet against my will and looked up at the Dark Lord’s angry face. ‘Draco, come here,’ he said.

     The Dark Lord released me of the Imperious Curse and I backed away a few inches, still clutching my wand.

     The Dark Lord glanced at me with black eyes as Draco slowly walked over to us, glancing at his feet every few seconds.

     ‘Draco, look at her,’ said the Dark Lord.

     Draco slowly looked up at me. My heart raced and I wanted to get out of the Malfoy’s Manor.

     ‘There’s no was I could possibly – ‘ I started but was interrupted.

     ‘Quiet!’ said the Dark Lord, using the Imperious Curse on me again. ‘Look what you did, Draco,’ he continued, turning my head around to reveal two fresh cuts that went from the bottom of my left eye and disappeared under my red muggle jacket. ‘You do not have the right to harm my most powerful Death Eater.’

     ‘Stop it!’ I heard myself shout, somehow overcoming the Dark Lord’s Curse and looking back up at them both.

     The Dark Lord smiled and turned away. ‘Severus,’ he said.

     A tall dark figure instantly rose from a dark couch next to the fire place. ‘Yes, my Lord,’ said Snape.

     ‘If I’m your most powerful Death Eater, why do you keep torturing me?’ I said through gritted teeth and without a second thought, regretting it instantly. Everyone in the room froze, the Dark Lord’s gaze fixed upon me. Freezing where he stood, Snape looked at me with anger and fear. ‘If I’m a match for you, or even stronger, then maybe I don’t want to take your orders anymore.’

     ‘Silly girl,’ said the Dark Lord. ‘Why? Why do you say such things?’

     ‘Might I inform you, Miss Hopkins,’ started Snape. ‘That you should not undermine the Dark Lord’s intentions.’

     ‘Severus,’ said the Dark Lord, holding up a hand to quiet him.

     ‘I know I’m stronger than you, Severus,’ I stared underneath my black fringe.

     ‘That’s Professor Snape, to you – ‘ he spat back.

     ‘Shut it, Snivelous!’

     ‘How can you even be a Death Eater?’ said Snape, very clearly angry at me. ‘You’re only sixteen!’

     ‘So is Draco,’ I said. ‘You just don’t want me here because I’m younger and better – ‘

     ‘Silence!’ yelled the Dark Lord. He turned to Snape just as he fell to the ground, twitching without a sound escaping his lips.

     ‘Stop it!’ I yelled,  finding myself pointing my wand at the Dark Lord.

     The Dark Lord noticed my pointed wand at him and let go, freeing Snape of the Cruciatus Curse. ‘Put down your wand, girl,’ he chuckled.

     ‘Girl?’ I said angrily.

     The Dark Lord ignored me. ‘Severus. I want you to keep an eye on Hopkins. A close eye. What I need her to do is quite,’ the Dark Lord paused, a strange smile stretching his thin lips. ‘Important.’

     ‘Yes, My Lord,’ said Snape, breathing hard as he struggled to get to his feet.

     ‘And I need you to make a potion for her wounds,’ The Dark Lord turned to me, quickly studying my scars up and down. ‘I can’t have my strongest follower look like that, can I?’

     ‘No, My Lord,’ said Snape. ‘Right away.’ A snap sounded as Snape disapparate from the room.

     ‘What I need you to do, Hopkins,’ The Dark Lord turned to me, making my pulse race with nerves.    ‘Hopefully, you will be more successful than little Draco here.’

     Draco looked down at his feet.

     ‘Draco, look up!’ I whispered to him.

     ‘As it is a Saturday,’ said the Dark Lord. ‘You might want to get back to chasing boys,’

     I glared at the Dark Lord and he smiled, slowly walking closer.

     ‘I want you to know very well what I want you to succeed in,’ He moved behind me and tightly gripped my arms and breathed in my strawberry scent.

     ‘My Lord,’ Bellatrix suddenly spoke up. ‘Surely I would be a better chance at whatever it is you’re – ‘

     ‘Silence, Bellatrix. I have chosen the right person for this job. You are no use to me at the moment.’ The Dark Lord’s hands moved down to my waist, making me gasp silently in shock. ‘I ask one small favour,’ he breathed in my scent again. ‘Make friends with Harry Potter. Do whatever you can to lure him here.’

     I didn’t say anything. Draco glanced up and looked worried. He opened his mouth to talk but I slightly shook my head at him.

     ‘It shouldn’t be much of a problem, My Lord.’ I said.

     ‘Hmm, good. Now go, all of you! Except...’ The Dark Lord took his hands off me. ‘Draco and Ellie,’ he said slowly.

     Draco and I glanced at each other, thinking what he would want to talk to both of us alone about.   Everyone disapparated out of the room, leaving behind an even darker atmosphere.