Chapter three: I know they will

Merlin's POV

Merlin woke slowly trying to remember what  had happened before he passed out but everything was a little bit fuzzy.

He felt someone putting something on his forehead so he slowly opened his eyes to find Gwen smiling at him.

"Merlin, how are you feeling?"

"Not so good what are you doing here?" I asked

"Gaius had to go get something and everyone is busy because of the visitors are here. Uther was not pleased when he found out you were ill, he was even quite angry but that is Uther for you. Arthur kind of had an argument with him saying there was no way you could serve the visitors or Arthur as you too ill to do such a thing. It's quite late and I just popped over to see how you were doing. Gaius asked if I could just look after you for a little bit and of course I agreed," she smiled.

"Thank you Gwen, it means a lot that you came to see me."

Unknown POV

He had no clue. It had been so simple. What a fool and he was meant to be powerful, yeah right. Nothing seemed to be right about him but I had only seen him a few times so I could not judge probably as of yet.

If we took him down it would only be amount of time until everything would begin to change and this was just the beginning of our brilliant plan.

Arthur's POV

Arthur was not impressed with his father's attitude and he didn't wish to see his father for at least the rest of the night now.

He had planned to go see Merlin but he first had to go speak to Gwaine about what he thought about what had happened to Merlin. Arthur could only ask Gaius, Gwen, Lancelot or Gwaine as no one else knew Merlin's secret.

Arthur needed to see their opinions about the situation as he continued to struggle with trying to deal with the fact that his servant and best friend had magic and could be killed if it was slipped but also why there always seemed to be something wrong.

Arthur didn't like it and he needed answers from Merlin but not right away he wanted to see everyone else, see their reaction to it first before he made a decision to confront Merlin about it.

He couldn't seem to find Gwaine anywhere, which was very odd and he wasn't even in the Tavern.

Merlin's POV

Merlin had managed to eat something without being sick and he even managed to drink a heathy amount of water too.

Gwen had just left and now Gaius was sitting next to the bed in a chair looking at Merlin weirdly. "I do not know what happened Gaius, I promise you. I just hit my head on my bed and before that the visitor the young lady hit me with my door. What is concerning you?" Merlin asked him.

"You symptoms do not match that at all and that is what I am worried about Merlin but maybe I am just being paranoid after what happened to you with Morgana. Arthur has made me be on edge ever since then and this it does not help and Arthur at times can be an emotional wreck," said Gaius.

"I can imagine but I'll be alright Gaius," Merlin said to him as he put his hand on Gaius's shoulder.

"I do hope you are right Merlin," he smiled.

Merlin's chamber door opened to reveal Arthur entering. "Merlin it is great that you are up. You can take as many days of as you need."

"He'll most likely need at least one to two more days at the least," said Gaius as he gave Merlin a hug before he left the two alone.

"I am sorry Merlin, I didn't know you were that bad," he said to me.

I looked over at him, "It is not your fault Arthur. How were you to know?"

"Does Gaius know what happened?" asked Arthur.

"I am not sure Arthur. You'll have to ask him yourself I am going to get some rest now," I said to him as I got comfortable in the covers.

"Oh, right okay. I see you tomorrow when I'll visit," said Arthur before I watched him leave.

Arthur's POV

Arthur sat at his desk thinking and waiting for his breakfast which was being done by Merlin. His chamber door opened to reveal Merlin carrying his breakfast.

Merlin came over to the desk and put the breakfast in front of Arthur before he went over to the bed and began to make it.

"Merlin I am glad you are feeling better now," said Arthur.

"So am I Arthur. Everything seems to be fine now," smiled Merlin.

"Yeah"

Arthur began to eat his breakfast while watching Merlin clean his chambers. Once he had finished Merlin left with the plate and goblet.

After he returned Arthur and Merlin left the chamber to go and meet the villagers out on the training field as they wanted to see how Arthur trained his knights.

He had shown them how he trained a number of knights the day before but they wanted to see how he trained his five main knights.

Merlin didn't like the fact that he had to come along and stand next to them and answer any of their questions because he was not in the mood but Arthur had asked him and he wasn't going to say no.

Once they arrived Merlin was standing next to Carl, Alan and Ann in silence, none of them had asked him a question yet.

"Merlin can you get me a new sword for Lancelot!" shouted Arthur.

Merlin turned around to fetch a sword but bashed straight into Carl who looked at him weirdly before he spoke. "Sorry Merlin."

"No problem," said Merlin before he grabbed the sword and ran it over to Arthur who thanked him before he gave the sword to Lancelot.

Once Merlin returned beside the three guests Alan spoke to him. "Merlin does Arthur do this every day?" he asked.

"No, not every day but he does do it a lot. It is always good to have the knights trained to their best in case of an attack," said Merlin.

"Indeed it is. I heard that Camelot has faced a lot but seems to always come out on top," said Carl.

"Yeah it has but the knights of Camelot and the prince are strong together and will succeed in protecting Camelot," said Merlin.

"Well let's hope that they are always around to do just that," smiled Ann.

"I know they will be," Merlin said as he grabbed a shield and ran over to Percival to give him one.

"Thanks Merlin I was about to ask but you too quick for me," he laughed.

Merlin smiled to the knight and headed back towards the three guests but he wasn't feeling so great but he ignored it.

---------------------------------------------------

Omg this is so crap I am sorry guys its not that good and quite short I just struggle with this right now :(