Chapter one: Your father made you the prat

Merlin's POV

Merlin stood beside Gaius and Arthur in the council chamber as Uther sat on is throne looking at everyone in the room like he normally did.

"I do not understand. What do you mean when you say you saw a man casting water in front of you? Why would he do this in front of you in Camelot when magic is forbidden?" said Uther clearly distressed.

Arthur was looking a little worried and was staring directly at Merlin. Merlin knew why and shook his head when Uther was not looking in his direction.

Ever since Arthur had found out Merlin had magic he was worried about any sign of magic being used encase Merlin had got himself caught.

Merlin had explained to Arthur that he had kept the secret for years so why now after a couple of weeks since he found out would he get caught.

Even though Arthur knew this and Merlin had explained it to him quite a few times he still seemed to worry too much for his own good.

Gwaine and Gwen had taken the whole experience a lot better and Gwaine even had Merlin show him some of the spells to see how powerful Merlin really was.

"I believe he was trying to tell me that he needed my help but I did not help him sire but I came to warn you about it," said the frightened women.

"Thank you for telling me if you follow Sir Gwaine and Sir Lancelot they will give you a reward for your duty to Camelot," smiled Uther.

Lancelot and Gwaine led the women out but they also looked in Merlin's direction knowing their best friend was a warlock. If Uther ever found out they may have to break rules to save him even though right now they were doing just that.

Once they left Uther advanced on to Arthur, "Son I hope you will be able to search the town and the outline villages to find this man."

"I will do everything I can to find him father," said Arthur.

"The council is dismissed then."

Arthur left the council chamber with Merlin and Gaius following close behind him but Merlin looked back to see Uther looking very ill and it was clear he was hiding it from everyone including his son.

"Arthur are you alright?" asked Merlin.

"I've been better to be honest. Merlin I hate searching for people with magic and bringing them in. It's just like handing you over to my father which I would never do," said Arthur.

"It will change someday Arthur but we have to wait until you are king," said Merlin.

"I will then allow magic back to the land and I hope you will stand beside me Merlin and help to restore it in the best possible way," said Arthur.

"I will Arthur and I am glad you have taken this as well as you have considering you have always seen magic as evil," said Merlin.

"I have known you for years and I didn't know you had magic but I know you more than anyone and I know you are not evil and if you have magic and are not evil than there has to be others the same," said Arthur.

"Thanks Arthur but until then can you stop being a nerves wreck every time someone including your father speaks about magic," said Merlin.

"Alright Merlin I'll try too," said Arthur.

"Why don't we keep this discussion to Arthur's chamber or mine instead of talking about it in the open or someone will over hear what Merlin has," said Gaius as they continued down the corridor.

"Ok."

It fell silent between them until Gaius had to head back to his chambers so Merlin said a quick goodbye before he followed Arthur towards the chamber.