Chapter Twelve: The Sword that will Kill Morgana

Merlin's POV (First POV)

I sat under a tree, enjoying the fresh water slide down my throat. Each sip felt refreshing. I waited a few minutes before I tried the bread. My mouth had been so dry I knew I would struggle to eat it without drinking the water first.

I finally take a bite into the bread and I hadn't enjoyed bread so much in such a long time then now.

Jordan and Ian keep looking over at me watching my every move. I'm grateful for them to have taken the chains off.

Maybe it has been foolish but for now I had done what they have asked. I'm hoping they be nice to me even if it's just for a bit. They have not removed the spell, I know that but yet I do not feel as weak as I did.

I am certain they took the Great Dragon's warning to be real. Once I had finished I laid down on the blanket they had laid out for me and I close my eyes trying to get some sleep.

"Merlin you are close," I hear the voice of the girl called Rue.

"Yeah...near Camelot."

"We will be with you soon, promise."

The voice faded as quickly as it had came but what did she mean when she said we?

Who is with her?

Shortly after hearing Rue in my mind I felt myself drift off to sleep thinking about everything that might be ahead of us and as I slept I slowly began to figure out the trouble ahead.

Morgana is attacking Camelot with an army...I need to get there as soon as possible after I rest.

Arthur's POV (First POV)

I scouted through the forest, seeing countless of trees and not much else. I know I can not give up, I have to find this sword and fast. I search the forest, every edge of it. I thought I knew this forest a lot more then I actually do.

How had a missed such a sword? Where could it be hiding? Gaius says its inside a rock...so it has to be in clear sight right?

I continue to look around every tree, even near the river I found but yet I saw no sign of the sword. I am running out of time.

What am I going to do?

"Come on Merlin where did you put it!" I scream into the air like someone would listen to me but it echoed around before it wiped out completely leaving silence.

It seems more quiet then I have ever seen this part of the forest before. I must move fast. I head off again this time checking places that I may have missed. I walk through a set of different style of trees I had seen and as I turn I find a small clearing with no trees at all just grass and mud and my mouth falls open at the rock in such a random place but as Gaius had said there is the sword. Engraved into the rock shinning brightly.

I let my eyes stare at it for a few moments before I head towards it and stop right in front of it. "Wow," I say out loud. It's incredible, its shines so brightly.

I step right next to the rock now and look around to make sure no one is here before I place my sword down on the ground beside the rock. I look at the sword right in the rock and wonder how I would even be able to pull it out but yet I know I have too. Gaius said if I believe I will.

This is not just for me, this is for the Kingdom and to take revenge on Morgana because I know Merlin's kidnapping has everything to do with her. She will pay for what she has done and by this sword I'm certain of it.

I put my right hand around the hilt of the sword and breathe in deeply. At first I did not pull I let the sword hilt sit in my hand for a bit before I pulled hardly.

After a couple minutes I stopped pulling, all I am doing is tiring myself out. Come on Arthur! I can do this! I shout at myself inside my head.

I can do this...

I place my right hand back on the hilt and close my eyes and this time I pulled it but only lightly, I didn't put too much pressure on it and I found myself surprised as it began to pull out. I smile with glee as I find myself holding the sword the right way up it no longer engraved in the stone.

I did it.

Now I have a real chance of stopping her. It's only right after all.

Why does she get to be immortal?

I will make her pay for all she has done to us.

This is the Sword that will kill Morgana!

Merlin's POV (First POV)

I jolt awake at the loud shouting I heard nearby. I look around to find myself sleeping against the tree where I had been before but on the ground near me laid Ian...dead.

"Leave me alone! You may have not killed him but you sure did cause his death!" he screamed at someone near the trees.

"Just let Merlin go," I hear the familiar voice of Lancelot.

"No! You will not have Merlin. He will help me kill Morgana and then you! My father would be alive if it was not for you two!" Jordon shouts.

"We are not to blame. He attacked the creature, we did not summon the creature. If we had not arrived you and Merlin would be dead too," I hear Rue's voice now.

"No...why did he...my father...I've got no one left," he said and I watch him fall to his knees. I watch the tears well up in his eyes and he let them fall. If I hadn't seen a broken man before...this is it. He is broken for good now.

I get up from the ground and go over to Jordon. I spot Lancelot and Rue by the trees and they smiled at me to see that I'm okay. I kneel down in front of Jordon and put my arm on his shoulder.

"I am truly sorry about your father, I am. He did not deserve to die and you do not deserve to be alone," I say to him.

"After all I and he did you would still try help me?" he asks wiping the tears away.

"Why would I not help? I have always known you were broken inside. You loved your father but not as much as one may love. You cared more for your mother and that is why you wish to take your revenge," I whisper to him.

He looks at me, "I am sorry. All I have wanted his revenge...I would do anything to take it including if you died in the process," he whispers.

"I know. I forgive you."

"I lifted the spell off you a little while before we got attacked. I explained to father that you had helped us, even though you could have easily got your Dragon to kill us," he says to me.

"Look Jordon, I would of never done that but I could of got him to take me away. He could of healed me and removed the spell. I just part of me wanted to forge that sword, Morgana needs stopping."

"And only way is to kill her," Rue says coming up to us with Lancelot beside her.

"Exactly. We must get to Camelot," I say dawning on what is about to happen to Camelot and I would never forgive myself if Arthur got hurt or worse, killed.

"This is the Sword that will Kill Morgana," says Jordon holding the sword in his hand ready to take her down once and for good.

/////

Not Edited