Chapter Five (Edited)

Hi guys, sorry this took so long to upload! I've been having writers block :/ I know this isn't a very long chapter but I've been trying to simplify the storyline, it's getting kind of confusing. Hopefully things will start to unwind in the next few chapters. Hope you like it!! Enjoy xx

Chapter Five

 We raced through the woods, paws biting into the dirt while the sound of crisp leaves crackled in my hypersensitive ears. It felt so good to be running through the trees with my pack behind me. I could hear their swift movements and I could see flashes of midnight black, Ray, coupled with white and gold fur, Blaine.

                My nose rose to the air as I sniffed, still powering along on all fours. The other wolves were playing, and I could hear them snapping at each other’s hinds.

                I caught a whiff of an animal, deer maybe.

                Deer. I barked softy, and they quietened down, sniffing too. I slowed, bringing my nose to the ground and drew in the smell.

                I turned around, seeing my whole pack behind me. I rubbed my nose against Blaine’s neck affectionately. In response he playfully nipped at my legs, causing me to squeak.

                I could hear the barking laughs of the rest of the pack and looked around at them all. I hadn’t done this in too long. I’d missed my family.

                Shade was slumped on the floor, ironically his fur was grey, obviously bored with the whole situation. I growled at him, grabbing his attention. I crouched with a wolfish grin, my tongue hanging out of my mouth.

                I flew through the air and landed, rather ungracefully, on top of him. He scrambled to try and get me off, but I was already on my feet, nipping at his tail and avoiding his own teeth. We rolled around together, biting at each other’s ears and howling like there was no tomorrow. We’d probably alerted the deer to our presence but I was having too much fun.

                I turned suddenly, dodging his teeth once more. He had no time to react as I leaned forward and licked all the way up the side of his furry face.

I win!

He jumped up, making a show of tying to wipe my ‘kiss’ off his face on a tree. I howled with laughter, he looked hilarious.

                Don’t be such a baby. Blaine’s voice echoed through my head, directed towards Shade. He was smiling just as much as I was. All of us were, watching Shade make a fool of himself.

                I raised my nose into the air, taking a deep breath and closing my eyes. I could feel the forest thriving around me, hear every bird in the tree and feel every gust of wind through the leaves. It felt so good to be free of the hospital room, my wrists were healing but I’d have the scars to remember the ordeal by.     

                That was so not cool. Shade sulked beside Dame and Xavier. The contrast of Xavier’s warm brown and Dame’s speckled white and grey fur made the pair impossible to mistake for anyone else. They were inseparable. It was blatantly obvious they were mates, we just weren’t sure if they knew it.

                You know you love it. I smiled a wolfish grin at him and stalked forward once again. He jumped to his feet and darted behind Dame and Xavier. This caused everyone to burst out laughing.

                Glad to have you back Ari. Dame’s voice was hesitant. We all stopped laughing and turned to her. She never spoke much, always kept to herself. But that was always expected, some kids became werewolves because it was what they wanted, others not so much... Dame had been one of the others.