Chapter Four (Edited)

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't uploaded for a while :/ In this chapter we're back to Aria's POV, hope you didn't miss her ;) Anyway... I'm going back to school tomorrow so it might be a while before I upload again, sorry, hopefully I won't get that much homework and I'll be able to write for you lovely people :D Enjoy! Alice x

Chapter Four

I walked along the corridor, hearing it echo off the wooden walls and off the polished wooden floor. Blaine was by my side, matching my pace stride for stride. We’d left the others back at the house, of course they hadn’t been happy about it but we’d made it final.

                We continued to walk until we were met with a set of great double doors, which we both knew lead into the Elders’ conference room. Two werewolves, both in human form, were stood either side of the door. Upon our arrival they reached out for the door handles and opened the doors for us to enter. With one final glance at Blaine I walked forward, facing the Elders.

                The table was circular and had around thirty chairs, all of which were filled with the parents of members in every pack. The Elders were sat at the north, east, south and west points of the table. Sure, I was an Alpha and so was Blaine, but it was these guys that really held the power and authority over our packs, whatever they said went and there was no complaining. They were the previous Alphas, and when the time came and they had passed down the rank to us, they became Elders, advisers with as much control over the pack as ever.

                I spied Blaine’s parents sat at the South end of the table, now filling the chairs where my parents had once sat.

                Upon our entrance the whole table had turned to look at us, all thirty or so pair of eyes on us. I instantly felt small. Blaine nudged me reassuringly as we headed around the table. He and I took our places behind his parents, standing while they sat. His mother smiled up and him briefly before turning to me.

                “Hello dear.” She smiled at me sweetly, I’d always liked Blaine’s mum.

                “Hi.” I whispered back at here

                “Right, now that everyone concerned is here, we shall begin.” Every month a meeting was held between the Elders, and each time a different pack would take charge in the meeting. This week it just so happened to be the Earth pack, Jase’s pack. Great.

                There were mumbles of agreement from around the table. Jase’s dad stood up and I could clearly see Jase stood behind him, his eyes fixed on mine. Beside him stood his Alpha female, Georgia, and beneath them sat Jase’s parents.

“Does anyone have anything to offer to the council?” Nathan’s voice echoed around the room and I could feel Blaine’s shoulders stiffen.

                “Yes.” At the sound of my voice Nathan glanced up at me, his face devoid of any emotion. Jase’s dad didn’t like me one bit. I couldn’t care less.

I took a breath before beginning. “Recently I have been looking into my parent’s death...” I instantly had everyone’s attention, “A few days ago I went to a Hunter’s residence where I tried to find any documentation of contracts for the murder of my parents, or something,” this caused a stir within the room but I continued on, “I was then knocked out by a pair of Hunters and taken to their basement where I was left chained up for several days. Eventually I came to consciousness and they began to question me. However, they moved to go and call the Guard so I shifted.” I quickly glanced towards Blaine who was urging me on with his eyes, “I killed the older of the two, and made the other forget.”