Chapter Fifteen (Edited)

Hey, so here is another chapter, hope it's okay :)

Chapter Fifteen

Xavier’s POV

 I ascended the stairs slowly, my footsteps going over where I’d previously walked only a while ago.

My mate was in pain, I could feel it. Our bond was already getting stronger, the kiss had done that much, but my wolf was itching to claim her, to make her mine. I pushed those feelings to the side though, she needed me and I didn’t want to think about what might happen if I claimed her before she was ready.

                I breathed a deep sigh before turning the handle that led to her room and walking in, enveloped by darkness. I saw her head turn slightly from where she perched on the edge of her bed.

As I rounded the bed I took her in, with tears like diamonds glistening on her cheeks. I knelt before her, just staring into her eyes while our breath filled the silence. It wasn’t uncomfortable.

Finally her lips parted as I slipped my hands into hers, feeling the rush of heat that took over me as our skin touched.

“I can’t do it Xavier,” she took a shuddering breath, “I can’t go back there, not after-” A shiver wracked her body and as she closed her eyes, more tears cascaded down her cheeks. Gently I rose onto my knees and leaned forward, kissing away her salty tears. At the touch of my lips her shallow breathing halted and her hands clasped tighter onto mine.

Ever so slowly I placed kisses on her cheeks, her nose, her jaw and finally, as she opened her eyes to stare into mine, her lips. Her soft lips made contact with mine and I let out a breath, letting it flow over her lips.

Our lips slowly moved together while one of my hands slipped from her grasp and entangled itself in the lush strands of her hair. Her hand wrapped around my neck, pulling me closer.

The kiss was overflowing with love and passion as I tried to convey all my emotions in that gentle brushing. Soon enough though our lips began to move quicker, deeper and as her breath filled my mouth I had never felt more alive.

I rose to my feet, towering over her and yet never breaking the kiss, and slowly, gently pushed her back onto the bed. She gasped slightly as our bodies moulded together so perfectly and I could tell her wolf was writhing inside her, just as mine was screaming at me to claim her, mate her, and make her mine. The human in me though warred with my wolf, I couldn’t do that to her, not when she was so scared. I couldn’t do it when she didn’t want me to.

Her free hand ran up my chest, sending shivers through my body. She knew what she was doing to me and yet she continued to graze over the surface of my t-shirt, the heat of her hand seeping through the thin material. My hand left her hair to encompass her waist, pulling her even closer towards me until our limbs entwined and we were skin to skin with only the barriers of our clothing in the way.

I left the warmth of her mouth briefly to let her get her breath back and began to trail kisses along her neck.

“You can go back because not only do you have me now but you have grown so strong and I know you can face this.” I spoke between kisses, feeling the blood rush beneath her skin as my wolf threatened to take her right then. I pulled away from the temptation of her smooth skin and stared her in the eyes, seeing her gaze wander over my features just as mine did hers.

“You’re so beautiful.” It was barely a whisper, but I was certain she’d heard it as her eyes snapped back to mine. Her soft hand that minutes ago had been igniting fires, dangerous ones, within me, lifted to my face and caressed my cheek. It was all I could do to lean into her hand and as a low rumble of content reverberated in my chest.

“I love you.” My heart almost escaped my chest as she repeated, louder, “I love you Xavier.” I knew I’d never get tired of hearing her say that.

I didn’t even have to think about it before the words left my lips; they had been on the tip of my tongue ever since I’d first laid eyes on her. “I love you too.” At that she lifted her head and her lips met mine once more, and appreciative growl melding with the movement of our lips.

Her kisses were fiery hot and it felt like my skin would ignite at any minute, but I didn’t care. As the candles around the room roared to life I could also see the fire in her eyes. I had never felt more alive.

As I made my way once again down her neck, kissing the very spot that I would one day sink my teeth into to claim her as my own, her hand slipped up inside my shirt. I held in a shiver.

Her words came out as a gasp as I clung to her waist, “Mate me.” I looked her over one last time, taking in her kiss swollen lips and saw her gentle nod. This was what she wanted; this was what I had longed for.

                “Are you-” The words halted in my throat as her leg ran up the side of mine, teasing, and her hand reached higher up my chest.

                “I’m sure.”

Sorry it's so short, I wanted to keep it clean for the most part and to be honest it's really a filler chapter. Hopefully next chapter will be more to do with the plot :) vote and comment!