Chapter Ten (Edited)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!! I hope you got everything you wanted and as my gift to you here is the latest upload of Run Wolf Run :) 

Chapter Ten

Aria’s POV

 “It’s done.”

I stood in my bedroom, hands on hips, staring at my bedroom wall. Covering the plain, cream paint was every set of notes and slips from the files that we had gathered over the years.

It was like our very own map of the world, my world, or what had become of it in those past few days.

“It took us long enough.” Ray stood beside me. I could tell from the way her eyes had been shifting towards be every few seconds or so for days now that she was worried about me, now more than ever. I hadn’t eaten, slept or even shifted, but I didn’t let it affect me.

“Would you stop staring at me?” My voice came out harsh. I didn’t mean to snap, but I couldn’t bear to see those eyes, judging me, nor could I sleep.

Over the past few days the nightmares had gotten worse. They left me sweating, even screaming, until I awoke to crumpled up sheets and restraining hands.

“Sorry, I’m just worried about you Ari. Have you even eaten anything lately?” I ignored her question and continued to stare at the wall.

Stretching across every part of the wall were red threads, linking up anything we thought was connected.

“We should have done it like this a long time ago.” I could clearly see each piece of information, every prospect for a new lead set out before me. I could hear Ray’s hesitation even before she spoke.

“Okay, but eat something first, even try to get some sleep. It’ll help you think better.” I let out a low growl.

“I need to find out what happened to my parents Ray, and something like sleep isn’t going to get in my way until I do.” Ray backed away slightly, head lowering.

                “Please just eat something. Go hunting with some of the pack.” I growled at her again, my eyes narrowing.

                “I don’t take orders from you.” I saw my words go through her like a knife, and for a moment that was enough to bring me back to reality. I snapped out of the daze I’d been in, just in time to watch Ray walk out of my room.

                “Ray! Wait.” But I wasn’t surprised when she kept on walking.

I stood there for a moment. What was happening to me? I never spoke like that to Ray. It wasn’t long before I heard the front door slam, and then I was moving.

                I ran down the stairs as fast as my legs could take me, barely slowing down to open the front door. I had to catch her up, apologise. I took off into the forest, not bothering to shift, even in human form I was fast. I rushed into the forest after her, following her scent.

                I was as agile as I was as a wolf and could hear someone up ahead. I’d caught her up.

                I was about to shout and tell her to stop, when I realised the scent wasn’t hers. I would know whose it was anywhere though, and all thoughts of Ray were swept out of my head.

I slowed down to a walk and sure enough, a few metres through the trees, there he stood.

                “Do you spend all your time in the woods?” Archer whipped around at the sound of my voice, his eyes wide as they took in my appearance.