t w e n t y - s i x

Arthur's P.O.V

It's been two days since the second drinking contest for this month and that woman has been ignoring me lately. Whenever I ask her what was wrong, she would shake her head and say nothing.

Heck, if I just approach her, she starts running away. Antonio had the same problem too.

I stood by the bowsprit, watching her mop the floor. I didn't even tell her to. She just did it out of her own will. Her face looked melancholic and somehow, uninterested in doing anything.

"Just tell me what's wrong already..." I narrowed my eyed and sighed heavily. 

I hate this. I hate it when she ignores me. I hate it when she looks so sad. What has made her sad? Whether it's a person or an abstract idea, I'll make sure I punch it in the face and drive it far, far away from her.

"Commander!" Called Lovino, who was tightly holding Antonio's wrist.

"What?!" I replied.

From the corner of my eye, I found her looking at me briefly and then turning away. I decided to leave her be for now. Lovino, who had an angry look on his face, approached me with Antonio.

"What happened?" I asked.

"I need to talk to both of you." he said.

Antonio and I looked at each other with curiosity. Lovino led us to the library and sat us down. He slammed his palms on the table and started,

"Do you recall what happened two nights ago?"

"Nothing." I said, "All I know is that we were having a drinking party and the rest is a blur."

"I just remember waking up the next morning, so hungover. For some reason, there was broken glass and I got hurt." said Antonio. 

"Yes, both of you knew that you were drunk, correct?" He asked.

"What are you getting at?" I asked, "Just spill it already."

"Antonio..." Lovino's eyebrows knit together and he shouted angrily, "In your drunken stupor, do you f*cking realize what you told ____?!"

Antonio shook his head; his eyes drifted left and right.

"Arthur tried to stop you, but you! Being the f*cktard you are, said that her father was dead!" Lovino gasped angrily.

"¡Mierda!" Antonio cursed as he sprang out of his chair, "Did I tell her who killed her father?"

"You were about to, but I delivered a good punch in your stomach and knocked you out." Lovino ruffled his hair, "But it was too late. Ever since we left that room, her eyes looked lifeless and she didn't speak much after that."

Antonio sat down again and ruffled his hair. He clicked his tongue loudly and groaned. I didn't say a word against him. I can't, actually. 

"Antonio, breathe a word of this to her and I'll kill you." Lovino threatened.

"I'll bet on my ass I wont." Antonio swore. Lovino then turned to me,

"Tell her the truth when you feel the time is right." he said, "I mean, you are the one who bears the crime."

"I am aware." I sighed. He slammed his palms on the table again and eyed both of us threateningly,

"If either of you ever hurt her... you'll reap the consequences." he said.

"And I don't give a shit if you're in love with her, especially you, Commander." he pointed. He sighed heavily and walked to the door,

"I have said what I wanted to say. I'll take my leave."