Chapter 38

Chapter 38

There was no denying Mackenzie was full of surprises, Dean thought as he watched her say goodbye to her aunt. At the reception she didn’t shy away or force herself to interact, she actually had a good time surprising them both. They danced, had dinner, cut the cake, did everything a newlywed couple was expected to do and she enjoyed every second of it. Seeing her smile was enough for Dean, the rest was a bonus. It felt good to be there with the woman who captured his heart along with family and friends.

“What are you thinking about?”

Dean pulled her into his lap before she could sit across from him. “I was thinking this day has been pretty damn perfect. What made you decide to finally relax and enjoy this?” he locked his arms around her back and kept her against him.

“I finally freaked myself out enough that I ran out of things to be scared of. We’re married, the priest so, so I thought screw it if your family doesn’t like me or I embarrass myself you’re all still stuck with me anyway. Plus,” she looked down at her folded hands, a clear sign she wasn’t all that comfortable. “you deserved to have a nice day.”

He ran his hand gently up and down her arm. “Thanks.” He wanted to ask her how he earned that, what she was thinking but didn’t want to push his luck and have her shrink away from the moment. “This place is almost empty. Let’s grab Megan and go home.”

“Your mom’s going back home tomorrow night and really wanted to spend time with Megan and take her out. She wants her to spend the night with her and tomorrow go for breakfast.”

Dean liked the sound of that; they’d have the apartment to themselves. He wanted nothing more then to have a traditional wedding night with his bride but he wouldn’t pressure her. He wanted her to be as ready as he was.

He reluctantly got up and went to speak to his mother. He agreed Megan could spend the night with her grandparents after Megan got excited about the idea. It was good for her to spend time with her family and get to know them. His mother was already hounding him to come visit often and not break contact with them again.

With a plan laid out they all left what was left of the reception. At the apartment Mac helped Megan pack an overnight bag and grab her favorite stuffed animal and pillow. They all hugged and kissed goodbye leaving the couple alone. Dean glanced at Mac but she didn’t seem to have a problem with it but even if she did she was a pro at hiding herself in plain sight.

Her voice broke though his thoughts. “As nice as everything was I could still eat.” She said while opening the refrigerator.

“Ok.” He took off his jacket and loosened his tie. “Do you want to get changed first?”

She thought about it and looked down at her gown. “It would be a shame to ruin it. Unzip me.” he stepped forward and did as she asked, this time he refrained from touching her. That’d come later.

Or maybe not.

He watched dumbfounded as she pushed the dress down the length of her body and stepped out of it. “Better?” she turned and faced him.

His mouth gaped open as his eyes took in the strapless white bra she wore and the matching panties and to make the fantasy complete she still wore the three inch heel matching shoes. “Are you trying to kill me?” he asked after his brain could start working again.

“I told you I’m not running anymore, I’m done being scared.”

He stared at her. Damn it she was beautiful, it would’ve been really helpful if he had noticed that much sooner. He’d always regret the wasted time between them. “What does that mean?”

“Don’t be dense, it doesn’t flatter you.”

He opened his mouth and then closed it then opened it again. He really didn’t know what he was supposed to do here and her standing there nearly naked didn’t help his thought process.

Mackenzie walked up to him and placed her hand under his chin closing his mouth. “Let me know when you figure it out.”

He watched her go, he swallowed hard as his eyes dropped to her backside and noticed her panties didn’t cover all of her. Dean knew exactly what he wanted to do but that didn’t mean it was the right time. He tried to think, had she been drinking? She had to be drunk or was his fantasy finally coming true?

Mac skipped finding something to eat and went to the bedroom where she indulged in the huge smile pulling at her mouth. She was proud of herself for throwing her doubt out the window and living a little. She had been openly honest with Dean and managed to be sexy. Seeing Dean Chandler drool over you was great for the ego and pay back for the way he was driving her crazy nightly when he came to bed barely dressed.

She took off her shoes and placed them in the closet before crawling into bed. She couldn’t shake the smile. Today had started off rocky and her daily doubt made a rough appearance but it had turned into one of the better days of her life. It was incredibility freeing to let go and just be yourself.

Dean stepped into the room holding his shoes and tie that he set down by the closet. He walked over to his side of the bed and got in next to her where he leaned down and kissed her exposed neck as she laid on her stomach. “You have to tell me.” he whispered in her ear while his hand roamed down her back causing her toes to curl. “I don’t want to assume and pressure you if you aren’t a hundred percent sure.”

She turned over and looked up at his face. Her breathing came hard and she was nervous but it wasn’t fear, it was anticipation. “I got undressed in front of you. I kissed you in a church full of people.” She pulled at his dress shirt until it was over his head. “I danced with you not caring how bad I was at it. I’m laying here in underwear.” She ran her hands over his bare shoulders.

“Is that a yes?” his chest moved up and down at rapid speed, his own breathing came out rushed.

Mac nodded like an idiot. “Yeah.” He kissed her like he was about to die, he moved closer until he was covering her body with his. She felt his hand shaking as they moved down her hips. Knowing he was nervous and wanted her for more then a way to pass time helped her say yes. She felt safe with him, she knew deep in her heart he wouldn’t hurt her.

Her hands indulged to make up for lost time. His chest was feverish from the blood racing through him. Every inch of skin she touched was hard and smooth. Apart of her was frustrated tonight of all nights he didn’t strip before coming to bed.  His pants were definitely in the way.

The kiss slowed down into small pecks as his hands moved up her back and unhooked her bra. A flash of heat raced along her cheeks making her blush. Dean pushed the garment down and tossed it aside. She gasped when he boldly bent down and placed his mouth over her breast.

Instinct kicked in and took what it wanted. Her hand buried itself in his hair and urged him where she wanted him to move next. He skillfully suckled and nibbled on each breast and nipple until she cried out his name.

She started growing restless, she didn’t know what to do with herself, which way was up or down anymore. “Dean?”

“It’s ok.” He whispered against her collar bone. “Everything you’re feeling give into it. Don’t be scared, don’t shy away from it.”

He looked up into her eyes as she nodded and accepted his advice. “Ok then I should tell you I really want your pants off.”