Chapter 32

Chapter 32

No one acknowledged the fact Jake and Mac were hugging. Everyone said their goodbyes and parted ways. “I’m gonna go say goodnight to Megan.” Dean said, walking away.

Mac slapped her hand to her forehead, was he mad? This relationship crap made no sense, she thought as she went to get ready for bed. It wasn’t as if she and Dean were really in love and getting married but Jake couldn’t know that so yeah that made sense for Dean to be upset but at the same time she and Jake weren’t doing anything. Right?

She grabbed her pajamas from the closet shelf and tossed them on the bed. She always quickly got changed while Dean said goodnight to Megan. She pulled off her shirt and heard footsteps behind her. “That was fast.” She said while trying not to act weird, they were living together and would soon be married, seeing her bra should be no big deal. It wasn’t like he never saw one before.

“She was already asleep. No more gray sports bra huh?” he said hoarsely as his eyes roamed the lavender lace cupping her chest. Heat rose from her neck to her cheeks. She watched him looking at her and moving closer unable to say anything. He grabbed her sleep shirt from her hands and tossed it back on the bed. He stood close enough that she felt his shirt across her bare stomach.

“Dean?” she was supposed to be cursing him out for yet again bringing up that day or for what he was doing now except she couldn’t form long sentences and was sucked in by his light green eyes growing darker as he looked at her.

He laid his hand over the small of her back and held her close as he lowered his lips to her mouth. “I don’t want you hugging Jake anymore.” He said, a growl escaping this throat as he kissed her again.

Mac’s chest heaved for air. “Is this your male macho way of staking claim?”

He pulled at her bottom lip with his teeth. “You can call it whatever you want.” He kissed her fully on the mouth again, wrapping his arm around her waist to move her over to the bed. He laid her back and trailed his mouth down her neck, sucking on the sensitive spot near her ear.

“Dean?” she meant for it to sound reprehending but it came out much more like a moan.

“I like that.” He murmured against her growing hot skin, his hand running up her bare waist. He really wasn’t playing fair anymore.

“No, no, no I can’t do this.”

He looked up, his body half on top of hers and his hand just below her bra. “Why not? You want to.”

“Because sex isn’t worth risking the bigger picture. Say we sleep together and it’s just a big mess and we can’t stand being near each other at all; then what?”

“Don’t look at it like that. What if we sleep together and its great and that’s it?”

“You want to do it just once?”

He chuckled and for that she had the familiar urge to hit him. “Probably not.”

“I can’t sleep with you Dean. Look I’ll admit it I want to but not a hundred percent enough to go all the way.” Mac confessed while wondering if this was some big dream, had she really just said that?

Dean wasn’t letting her slip away from him. “Why? Talk to me so maybe I’ll understand and even agree.” He was trying to hide it but he was grinning with joy over the fact she admitted it; she wanted to sleep with him.

“This scares the hell out of me first of all. It’s you of all people and I don’t want my first time to be hormonally fueled and then a mistake later.” There it was out.

His face drained of all color, Mac wished she had a camera, this was getting funny. “First time?”

“Yup now you know my big dark secret.”

His shocked expression turned into a big smile. “You never slept with Jake.” A few facts hit him at once, the most important being that his idiot cousin didn’t do a good job at showing Mackenzie the ways of romance- lucky for him. “We’re doing this wrong.” He looked at her one more time in that sexy bra and kissed her before getting up. “You should go out with me.”

“I should, should I?”

“Yeah and let me show you this isn’t some stupid game like you want to call it, that this is real and I’m willing to wait until you can see it my way.”

“And what if I never do?”

“That won’t happen and if I were you I’d agree to this because if not I’m gonna have to keep trying to seduce you and make you see things my way.”

She laughed and laying there on the bed without a shirt Dean had never seen anything sexier. “You’re blackmailing me,” she said. “Wow times really do change. You used to call me evil and want to strangle me and now you want to date me? Shit there’s no one I can tell. They all think we’re in love.” She gagged.

“Hey!”

“Don’t sound offended. This is us and it’s still gross to consider, maybe the twilight zone is back in production. It’s weird but I feel like a cloud has been lifted, this honesty thing isn’t too bad.”

“Yeah?” Dean questioned as he sat back down next to her since she didn’t make any big movements to get dressed, he was enjoying this too. “If you don’t want me to jump on you anymore I advised you put a shirt on.”

Chuckling she sat up, putting her closer to him, and grabbed her sleep shirt. “Why exactly do you want to get inside my pants?” her face sobered.

“What do you mean?”

“I mean there’s tons of beautiful girls all over the world that would jump at the chance to be with you, girls you don’t have a messy history with.”

Dean stared at her like she grew three heads. “Are you serious?” he leaned in and kissed her. “I find you incredibility beautiful,” he whispered against her mouth.  “Like I said last night I don’t want anyone else, I want you. In school I followed the crowd and took the attitude you gave rather then looking past it. When you started dating Jake I saw another side to you and I was jealous that he could bring that out and I was still this guy you hated. That’s why I was trying you break you up, I was jealous and it scared me. The last three years didn’t help, I still want that part of you.”

“Well shit, look who can be a smooth talker.” She made a move to get off the bed. He noticed how she tried to hide her face and the surge of emotion in her voice.

“No,” he held her against his chest. “Don’t run away. We’re being honest remember, it’s refreshing?” holding her from the back he was able to look down her chest. He mentally groaned, he wanted to touch her so bad. Did they feel as soft as they looked?

“Watch it Chandler.”

“I’m still a guy! I told you to put a shirt on.”

Mackenzie grabbed her shirt and pulled it over her hair causing her hair to stand at bad ends. “Now what? We’re dating but getting married? We kiss and share a bed but no sex?”

“That is confusing. Let’s try this; one doesn’t have to do with the other. Our kisses and dates are for us and the marriage and everything that comes with it is still apart of the deal to keep custody of Megan.”

“Ok, we can try that but I’m not promising anything and if this gets weird you only have yourself to blame.”