Twenty Eight

/* They go in his car and are silent during the journey. Arohi stops him at a far distance from her house. */

Arjun- Why? It's just a little more.

Arohi- No then my parents my see you and I think my mother still remembers your face.

Arjun- Oh no don't tell me your parents have changed yet.

Arohi- They haven't and if they see you here it will be a huge fuss again.

Arjun- Did you face many problems at that time?

Arohi- Horrible situation but don't know why it didn't make a difference to me. It took a long time for everything to settle in my home.

Arjun- Because of me you had to hear all that?

Arohi- No don't say that. It's over so leave it. Everything is going fine now and lets hope it will.

Arjun- Hmm thanks for coming and that too without questioning.

Arohi- It's my pleasure. Your family is so good. The perfect example for a lovely family. Good night.

Arjun- Good night.

/* Arohi got down and he waited there till she was about to disappear but he again got down and ran to her. She turned to him. */

Arohi- What happened? What do you want?

Arjun- I'll come till there. Don't worry if anything happens I'll manage. I want something from you.

Arohi(widens her eyes)- What? and that too now?

Arjun- Chill I wont ask anything like that. I just want an answer to my question. You are a south Indian right then how come you are here? I mean how did you settle here?

Arohi- Sir, do you have the habit of taking so much concern of an employee?

Arjun- You can think it so but say.

Arohi- I don't have a habit of saying such things to my boss.

Arjun- Then I too will prove that I am a boss. I shall get to know it and that too from you.

Arohi- We'll see and why so much concern for me? Save some for Hiya.

Arjun- There is lots for her.

Arohi- You deserve an Oscar for your acting.

Arjun- Then do you know whom I care for the most?

Arohi- Yes but why should I say?

Arjun- It's about me know.

Arohi- You don't know? (She notices they reached her house and pulls Arjun nearer to the wall) Come here anybody might see you.

Arjun- Wait let me see your house. So this is it where your great parents live.(mockingly)

Arohi(glares at him)- They are great.

Arjun- For what? For hurting their only child?

Arohi- For them it was a question of my security.

Arjun- Forget it. They are never right for me and this is a never ending debate between us.

Arohi- Hope you will understand them one day.

Arjun- Better hope that they will understand you one day. Now go in it's late.

/* Just then Sonia comes out and sees Arjun. Even he saw her and winked at her in his playboy avatar. Sonia was doing some course in Chandigarh so she was staying in Arohi's home. */