Twelve

/* They enter the principal's office room. */

Principal- Come in all of you. Are you eager to know your results?

Arjun- Yes ma'am.

Principal- This time you'll are not going as team dazzlers or rockstars but as pairs. Just like you had participated.

Arjun- Ma'am it was different before right?

Principal- Yes but its changed now. Only two pairs from you'll are going and guess what.. directly to the finale because you had impressed the judges and even got good response in voting also. So the pairs which are selected are Arjun- Arohi and Rey- Kria. You will be informed about the finals later. Since you have been selected directly to the finale they have given you badges to identify you people. Here take them and be careful it is mandatory in your dress code, without it you will be disqualified.

Arjun- Thank you ma'am.

/* They all go to canteen and chat for sometime. Someone reminds that it was 8th of october that day. Arohi paused a bit as 12th of october was her birthday and it reminded her of her parents. In her home they never had a big celebration.It was just like any other day with some special food and if possible a movie. She longed to have a birthday party,receive gifts and play with friends and other things,from childhood but it never happened and didn't seem to happen Arjun saw her lost in thought and asked her what happened. She simply says that she is reminded of home. The next day Arjun comes to know about her birthday from Neha and starts planning about it.

On 11th night as soon as Arohi sleeps, all start decorating her room by making least noise and at 12:00 all of them suddenly start singing for her. Arohi wakes up with a surprised face. Then she cuts the cake and they have a little celebration and one by one start giving gifts to her. When its time for Arjun she was..not anxious but curious as to what he would give her. He came to her and showed free hands in a way to say he forgot. */

Khushi- Enough now stop it. You are saying you forgot Arohi's birthday. That would be the biggest joke of all. If you forgot then who planned all this, bought the cake and called all of us here?

Arohi(in a slow tone)- May be he didn't get anything for me.

Arjun- Then may I know whom I bought these for?

(He took out a twinkling pair of anklets from his pocket)

Arohi- They are so beautiful. Just the way I like. Thank you so much but how did you I'd like such a gift? All these would not have even thought of it.

Arjun- Now that's the difference between a friend and a .....

Raghav- Come on finish it.

Arohi(blushes)- I'll wear them now.

Arjun- No Arohi these are your's only but not now afterwards.

Arohi- When these are for me what is the difference in wearing them now and afterwards?

Arjun- You will know it soon and you behave like kids.

Arohi- Are we old people? By the way I am born just now.

Neha- Guys the warden is coming go away fast.

/* Arjun takes the anklets with him and starts going, Raghav follows. Arohi was so happy that her wish of celebrating her birthday had come true and even more happy as it was from Arjun,the only person who truly understood her feelings but still she remained adamant in her old principle of avoiding him as she knew at least thought it was not happening thing for both of them to remain together. Yes Arohi knew that she started liking him from a few weeks but just remains silent about it. She goes to sleep. In the morning Arohi gets up and as she tries to walk she feels something pricking her feet. She looks down and is surprised to see a paper between her right foot and the same anklets which Arjun gave. The paper read:

Sorry for doing what I am not supposed to. Your ....... :)

She understood who it was and the reason he didn't give them to her yesterday was that he wanted to put them on her feet by himself. All this bought a sweet smile to her face. Arohi tries to call Arjun but instead gets a call from him. */

Arjun- So did you know the difference?

Arohi- Hmm but don't you think platinum anklets are too much? Its costly Arjun. I should have refused but they were so beautiful that I couldn't.

Arjun- Would I agree if you refuse? Its not costly when compared to your smile.

Arohi-That's too much now and a simple flower would suffice. I would be equally happy.

Arjun- You will get that too, later but for now I wanted to give you something that will remain with you forever. Its not for your happiness its for mine. Whenever I see your legs with them it makes me feel so nice and in this photo your feet are looking even more cute.

Arohi- So even a photo my feet with you and all this happened without my knowledge. How could you come into girls room that late?

Arjun- I am a decent man, I asked Neha and she didn't have a problem. Why Arohi? Don't I have the right?

/* He asked that in a sweet voice and she just smiles. She thinks he doesn't know but he does. */

Arjun- I know the answer. Get ready and go to class. You are getting late as always.

Arohi(cuts the call and to herself)- The answer is you do have the right Arjun. Only you have. Thanks. Thank you so much for being with me. You are the only for me Arjun, I have understood it but I am not for you. 

/* She spends her birthday with her friends and Arjun brings a smile to her face every minute. It was her best day till now. */

Thanks for reading. Do vote and comment. I'd love to know your thoughts... prasannayadav :)