Twenty Seven

/* In the morning when Arjun wakes up he sees Arohi is not there and thinks she might have gone home to freshen up. He bathes and after having breakfast goes into his cabin. Arohi enters along with Karthik. She says karthik also to do whatever she said. */

Arohi- Good morning sir. Sorry yesterday I left early without taking your permission. I had urgent work.

Arjun- What? But we worked till night right? and all that happened?

Arohi- No sir may be it was a dream. I went away in the evening with Karthik. You were asleep.

Arjun- Really? It's okay you go continue your work we have to complete it soon Miss Arohi.

Arohi- Sure sir. By the way what happened?

Arjun- Nothing. It was just a dream right? Actually even I was thinking it might be a dream, else how could you say all that? Anyway go to work and let me know our progress.

Arohi- Don't worry sir I will take care of it. You take rest it is essential for you.

/* She goes away from there leaving a surprised Arjun. After some time she finds Hiya in the canteen and goes to meet her for the first time. */

Arohi- Hi good morning.

Hiya- Hi nice to see you. How was yesterday?

Arohi- I came here to say thanks for your help. If not for you don't know what might have happened. You just don't know how much it meant to me. Thanks  a ton.

Hiya- You are always welcome and I'd do anything for Arjun.

Arohi- You like him?

Hiya- Who doesn't? Everyone likes Arjun. How is he now?

Arohi- Fine. You didn't speak to him till now?

Hiya- No I couldn't but I'll talk soon.

Arohi- Thank god. Can you do me another favor? The matter is I convinced him that nothing did happen yesterday and all of it was a dream.

Hiya- Why? What went wrong yesterday?

Arohi- My brain. It doesn't work properly. Please do this for me.

Hiya- Say me what you did. I promise I won't say anybody not even to Arjun.

Arohi- No I can't.

Hiya- If I am his best friend then I am your best friend also. Then its okay I'll get to know by him only.

Arohi- No no Don't do that I will say but do convince him as I said.

Hiya- Sure I will. From today we are BFF's.

Arohi- Hmm the thing is.... I said he can have me. God! Its so embarrassing.

Hiya- How could you say so? How did he react?

Arohi- He was even more surprised than you. I don't know how it happened. Its so odd.

Hiya- I understand. When guy like Arjun is before you, you are liable to temptation.

Arohi- Thanks again you seem to know him well.

Hiya(in her usual confident tone)- Of course who else than me? 

Arohi- There might be someone you don't know.

Hiya- Arjun never keeps anything secret from me. I know him very well.

Arohi- How was he I mean Sir in college?

Hiya- Why for you?(She was teasing Arohi)

Arohi- Just wanted to know if he was so cold then too.