6 - Sisterly Love?

Jayden begins to explain his plan to us and we all listen in. I took this moment to look at the others. Kayson was rather quiet, Axton was too. Joanne seemed like a bit of a bitch, but Elana seemed okay.

"Now in order for this plan to work, we need to dress like humans, act like humans and we can't show any signs of vampire in us," Jayden turns to me, "which means no biting at parties."

I roll my eyes.

"What about our fangs?" Elana asks.

"No ones gonna wanna look at our teeth," Jayden laughs and Melia giggles after him. Elana sends Melia a small dirty look.

"Anyway, we cannot fall in love with a human! Everyone got that?" Joanne interrupts.

"What!? So I can't get married? Or start a life!" Yells Charlotte.

"Well of course! But with another vampire," Joanne replies.

Charlotte slumps, "There goes my chance with Brian."

"Thank you, Jayden.. Your idea is great." Elana smiles.

He nods and smiles at her.

"Alright, we're all going to get a long great as friends in this school, right?" Joanne rolls her eyes.

"Of course!" Melia smiles.

"Great! Then it's set, hiding vampires, on the go!" Joanne cheers.

We all stare at Joanne as if she were a human in a group of vampires, outcasted.

"Alright, I get it, you're all gecko freaks," Joanne rolls her eyes.

Elana primps her hair, "Well lets get into it, shall we?"

***

I head back to my house, clueless on what to do. My thoughts were racing, so many things were happening, as I was lost in thought I get a call from an unknown number.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Dani, it's Jayden."

"Oh..Hi! How did you get my number?" I ask

"Charlotte."

"Oh, okay, anyway what do you need?" I ask.

"Meet me at the lake?"

"Okay," I hang up and head to the lake.

***

I walk closer to the lake to see Jayden standing over it, he seemed lost into thought so I approach him.

"Hey," I walk closer.

"Okay, I know you may think we have some sort of relationship but no, I'm sorry."

"Hm. No, I hardly even know you." I give a disgusted look at him.

"Good, I'm glad we see things the same, anyway, we have to focus on the vampire thing now."

"And hybrids," I say.

"How did you find out?" His emotion changes.

"My mom told me, you're a freaking hybrid!" I yell.

"Shh! Be quiet, no one can find out," he whisper-yells.

"You could literally kill me right now," I look up at him as if I was intimidated.

"Oh shut up, I'm not gonna kill you," he says.

There was a small moment of silence

"Friends?" I ask

"Cool, friends," he shakes my hand.

That night...

***

"Hey Tayliah," I throw my bag on the ground, she stares at me and doesn't show emotion.

"Well.. Okay then," I grit my teeth and sit on the couch.

"Did Jayden tell you anything today?" She asks.

"Like what?"

"Did he... Make you a friend? By any chance?" She sounded serious.

"Yeah, actually.. Why?" I ask.

"Oh, no reason," she ends with a slight giggle and walks upstairs.

"Uh.. Okay."

I realise mom and dad weren't home.

"Hey Tayliah!? Where's mom and dad?" I run upstairs to her room, I walk inside and what I saw made my heart drop.

"Hey Tay--"

Mom and dad were tied to the bed post with knives engraved into them.

"Tayliah... Did you do this?!"

"So what if I did? I'm going to remove your memory anyway," she smirks and grabs a bottle full of black liquid.

"Tayliah don't do this—" bedore I had a chance to react, she throws the bottle at me and I black out.

Half an hour later

"Hm.. Tayliah? How did I end up in my bed? We were just talking about.. Jayden," I look around my roomz

She walks into my room, "don't worry about it."

I shrug and text Charlotte, Melia and Elan.

Hey guys, let's have a sleepover, come to my house tonight.

***

Tayliah's POV:
I grab my parents bodies and hide them in the closet.

Now I've killed the vampire king and queen, in order for my plan to work, I have to kill Danielle. Then the council will have no chance but to put me in the throne, finally! The whole of the vampires will be mind, they will all bow down to me. It'll feel great to finally have power!

I secure the closet cupboard and step back, perfect. No one will ever be able to tell that theres dead bodies in there.

Back to Danielle's POV:

Elana, Melia, Charlotte and Joanne showed up at the door step, we watch movies and all that, eat snacks, and talk about the plan.

"So how are we gonna pull this off? We need to literally be a human," Charlotte says.

"Its simple, just blend in, be the quiet one," Joanne grabs a handful of popcorn and eats it.

"I don't know, they said they're examining people..." Melia sighs.

"Calm down, it'll all be fine," Elana lays down.

While everyone was talking, I realised my parents still weren't home and Tayliah was being awfully quiet, which was unusual. Tayliah's always loud and so into it.