Chapter 8: Dream

Rachel's POV

After crying for a really long time I finally drifted to sleep where I found myself in the middle of the nightmare I call my past coming to life in my dreams.

*Dream*
Here I was this was four year old me about to get beat and cut for the first time "Mummy what's that in your hand," I asked my mum. Me and her were the only ones inside my dad was outside in the backyard. "Well this is a bottle made of glass that's about to be smashed across your head," she slurred with a few hiccups in between. "What do you mean?" I asked her. "This is what I mean," she says then smashes the bottle straight across my head. Once the bottle broke on my head I started screaming and crying and started screaming even louder when I saw blood. When I screamed she just sat there and laughed. Then my dad entered "What's going on!" He yelled at me and my mum. Before I got a chance to reply my mum replied. "Well this stupid bitchy girl can't take a bottle to the head so she started screaming and crying and she did it even louder once she saw the blood" "We have to teach her to be strong so hold on just a second," my dad said and left to the kitchen when he came back he had a knife and his belt from his pants. He hands my mum the belt and he keeps the knife. My dad walks over to me he takes the knife and my arm. He makes one long cut that went from my neck to my middle finger. I screamed in terror again which was a dumb idea because since I screamed he took it as a chance to cut my arm even more. When he did it just caused me to scream more and start crying. He did the exact same thing to my other arm. As I was still screaming and crying my mum started hitting me with the belt "PLEASE STOP IT HURTS PLEASE STOP SOMEONE HELP ME" but it didn't stop my mum continued to hit me with the belt until the entire house echoed with my screams and pleas for help.

Perrie's POV (Before Rachel starts dreaming but is still asleep)

"Guys we have to find out what happened to Rachel before she was in the orphanage," Zayn said. To be honest I felt bad for Rachel she never was able to do some really fun things that I think every girl should learn to do like I doubt she knows how to ride a bike. "Babe I think we should wait till she's ready to tell us because frankly at the state she's in she's terrified we need to make her feel safe and at home." I tell Zayn, El and the rest of the boys. "Perrie has a point there Zayn" Liam says. "But what happens if she never opens up?" El asks. "Well she might have like a journal or something we could read if we had to if we don't need to then we can't read it," I say. Everyone just agrees with me and we sit in the car in silence except for the radio playing. A few minutes later Rachel starts squirming in my lap and she then lets out a scream which grabs all but the drivers attention. "PLEASE STOP IT HURTS PLEASE STOP SOMEONE HELP ME," she screams. Oh my goodness what kind of dream is she having. She continues to scream and cry while El, the boys and I are trying to calm her but we can't she keeps screaming and crying. She eventually stops to scream and cry and she wakes up. "Rachel? Are you okay?" I softly ask her. She flinches then she moves to the seat farthest away from all of us puts her seatbelt on brought her knees up to her chest and started to silently cry.
Rachel's POV

I was just sitting there silently crying. God! I probably looks like a baby who's showing weakness. Damn it! It's my first day and I'm already showing weakness. Oh my god I need to write in my journal it's the only thing I trust with my secrets so don't blame me it's basically the only thing I have to talk to that won't judge me so I really need it. "We're here" Liam says and we all exit the car me being the last one to exit.