Chapter 17: I am a fighter

October 30, Rachel's Birthday

Rachel's POV

"Okay, okay, this is is" I pace the bathroom nervously. Today October 30 is my birthday. I had promised to wear the dress the girl's had bought me for a special 'party' the boys put together. It's really only the boys, the girls, Julia (who said she was bringing people for me to meet) and I. Knowing the boys will obviously see my scars I had prepared myself to tell them my past. It took a lot of time and music but eventually I got prepared enough for this day. With help from a video I seen over tumblr (a website I heard about online), I had constantly reminded myself that I am a fighter. These are my battle scars and I am the strongest solider of all.

After a few minutes of prepping myself in the bathroom the doorbell rings. I know it's Julia by the fact the bell rang, what thirty times? Anyways, I rush over to the door, not worrying of the boys, and unlock the door. There standing in front of me was Julia as well as a girl and boy my age.

"Hi!" I say more excited than expected, and let her in. She walks in a gives me a hug in which I hug her back.

"Okay," she says "this is Ally" she points to the girl "and this is Brian" she points to the boy, "I thought you'd like to meet them"

"Yeah, I'm glad, it's about time I meet other people." I smile at her. Harry suddenly bursts from the stairs him landing on the ground, and Louis landing on him with a nerf gun in his hand.

"End of the road, Styles" Louis says and cocks the gun. I loudly clear my throat and their heads snap towards me and my friends. "Oh... uh hey" He says and gets off of Harry. I could already see them both staring at my scars, but I pretended to not notice, as did they. Harry stands up and walks toward my (new) friends and I.

"Hello" he says distinctively and shakes Julia, Ally and Brian's hand. The other boys come down, as well as the girls.

"Happy birthday!" they all scream. I giggle slightly.

"Thank you!" I say. Although most of their eyes are aimed towards my scars I make myself strong and not socially awkward like I normally would be. "Well, let's get this party started!" I cheer and go to the stereo system. I set on 'If You Can't Hang' by Sleeping With Sirens. The moment the song plays Ally's head shoots in my direction.

"You love Sleeping With Sirens too?" she questions me excitedly.

"Hell yes!" I say with the same amount of excitement. She gives me the 'fangirls' hug and softly whispers in my ear

"I love you omg"

"I love you too" I say and hug her back. Friend count (that doesn't relate to family): 2. I say in my head. Yes I am so losery that I have a friend count.

I let my beautiful playlist play and we all have fun and dance. El drags me over to the kitchen where we get the cake out. I read the cake it says Happy Birthday Rachel! We love you! Allaroundthe words it says the abbreviations of my favorite bands all atop of blue frosting. "Wow" I gasp. It's beautiful. They all start to sing 'Happy Birthday' and I blush furiously. I can't believe this, it's so amazing. They finish singing and I blow out the candles. Suddenly, and definitely out of no where, the door opens. All our heads snap to the door and- oh shit.