Chapter One

Allys Pov

I looked at the clock. It was 2:34 pm. One more minute and I'll be on my way to see my beautiful best friend who also happens to be the only person I've ever been in love with.

I'm Ally Hills. I'm 17 years old with green eyes and long black hair with blonde tips. I've been in love with my best friend, Stevie Boebi, since the day we met. I've had relationships but always break it off. Nobody makes me feel the way Stevie can. But she is straight and has had a boyfriend for almost a year now.

The bell rang and I jumped out of my seat. I forgot to mention, Stevie and I are seniors at Lake Charles High School. We have only one class together, which was math. "Hey there is my beautiful best friend!" Stevie said, walking up to me with her boyfriend, Tyler. "Hey." I tried to say it cheerfully but how could I? He's holding hands with the only person I love. "Whoa there. Come on tell me what's wrong." Tyler kissed her head and walked away sensing girl talk. "Nothing." I said nonchalantly. She hooked her arm around mine as we walked towards my car. "Nothing really? I know you so much better than that. C'mon tell me?" She pouted her lip. Little does she know that all I want to do was kiss her at this very moment. I ignored her questions and drove home. I live alone in my very own apartment. However, Stevie was always here so it was technically ours.  She left to go to Tyler's and promised she'd be back later. Her mom and dad died when she was little and her brother was with my brother in the Army. My parents well they disowned me when they found out i was gay. They pay for my apartment, food, clothing and anything else I need so I stay away. I don't mind though. A few hours passed and Stevie finally came back. I was watching tv on the couch. Jealousy flooded through my body when I noticed a hicki on her neck. She plopped down beside me. Her tan legs crossed. She's a little taller than me. "Ally." I tried to avoid her stare but she made me look at her. "You always act strange whenever I come home from Ty's or whenever he's around in general. Do you not like him?" I took a deep breath. "He's fine." I said through gritted teeth. She nodded and started playing on her phone. She barely noticed when I went to bed.

The next morning it was the same routine. Wake up, shower, wake up Stevie, cook breakfast, eat, clean up and go to school. I was dressed in a black, low cut tank top with a red and black flanel and black jeans with red and black converses. I sat in the car waiting for Stevie. She finally came and we barley made it to homeroom.

During first period, Tyler and Stevie made out as always. I couldn't stand to see it anymore. Knowing she wouldn't see me, I left and went up the roof. I stayed up there all day and nobody even came to look for me. Wow I'm so loved,aren't i?

I drove home and walked into my apartment to a pissed off Stevie. "Where the hell were you?! I've been worried sick!" She yelled. I shrugged and went into my room.

Stevies Pov

I was so mad! She's the only person I have. Well I have Tyler but that wasn't the same. She went to her room. I sat on the couch. Its been silent for over an hour. I give up. I can't stay mad at her. I got up and went to her door. "Ally?" No answer. "C'mon. Please talk to me. Ally?" I took the knob in my hands and turned it slightly. I couldn't see her. I opened it the rest of the way and saw her asleep. I grabbed the blanket and went to cover her up. That's when I saw it. Her razor blade lying on the floor. I grabbed her arm. There were fresh cuts. I threw her arm down and stormed out. She promised me she'd never hurt herself again. The last time she did that was when I was in the hospital because Ally had accidentally fallen off her bike in the middle of the road and I pushed her out of the way and in turn was hit by a taxi. That was three years ago.

Tonight was the first night I ever slept on the couch instead of next to Ally.