It Begins

This fanfiction is inspired by the game Slender; The Arrival. After watching a 'Let's Play' about it for the thousandth time back in 2016 or so, this book was created. Now upon the request of @DragoniteTargareyn this book is being rewritten and hopefully to be finished as soon as I can. Thank you for reading this far, if you're new and have never read this before, welcome. If you're here to see what gets changed, then welcome back and hopefully you still like the story! 

(y/n)'s POV 

"Are you gonna get that new Slenderman game? I've heard that it's really good and the reviews are insane." 

Looking up from my notebook as we were sitting at our usual table, I saw the happy face of my friend Ashley. She had always been a Slenderman fanatic , though the only issue was that she could never bare to play any horror games of the sort, making it where I would have to play them and then she could live vicariously through me. 

"I don't know Ash. You know my mom has been getting pretty weary with that sort of stuff." I said as I went back to my absent minded doodling. I heard her make a small huff and then smelled the scent of her shampoo for a moment as she threw some of her hair over her shoulder. 

Sighing gently as I leaned back in my chair after putting my pencil down on the notebook paper, it rocking back and forth for a moment before stopping. "I can see what my mom says, but I don't think it'll get far. You owe me." I said as I saw her expression change to the usual cheery smile she had. Hearing the lunch bell sound as lunch was now over we collected our things and made our way back to our classes for the rest of a boring school day. 

I decided that I would try and see what my Mom would say about getting the game. She always thinks that they might end up making it where I don't sleep at night or something along those lines, but being 17 and in High School, being a teenager is enough to keep me up at night. 

-Later- 

Throwing my back on my bed and flopping onto my bed with a heave of a sigh, I looked at the ceiling for a bit. Another normal school day, filled with normal students and faculty. If I get anymore normal I'm gonna start talking about the weather as my ice breaker for meeting people. 

Pulling myself from my bed I got up to get changed into something a little more comfortable than my school clothes. Slipping into a loose novelty T-shirt and some shorts, I walked down the stairs to find my Mom putting her purse and keys on the kitchen table. 

"Hey Mom, how was work?" I asked as I opened the fridge for a drink. Grabbing one and then closing it as I popped the seal on the can. She had sighed gently as she took off her blazer from her work suit and sat down, taking her heels off and rubbing her feet for a second. 

"Same as always, I feel like my feet are going to fall off more than usual though. How was school?" she asked as she looked at me and motioned for a drink from my soda. Handing her the can as she took a drink I started talking again. 

"Boring today as it is every other day of the week. Ash is trying to get me to get a new game that released." I said as I leaned on the counter and looked at her. Raising a brow as she looked at me, she caught on to where this was going. 

"And here I thought you came down the stairs to see your Mother after work and not try and weasel a game out of her. I can't believe you would do this." she said as she faked a hurt voice and put her hand on her chest. 

She gave me back my drink and I chuckled a little. "Mom you know I always come down the stairs to see how work went. Gotta love those juicy office details." I said as I smiled at her. She stood up and looked at me before messing up my hair. 

"Is this another one of those horror games you kids like to play nowadays? You know how I feel about those." she said as she grabbed a bottle of wine from the cooler. Having a glass when she got home was always apart of her normal routine. Now it's weird when she doesn't have her five ounces of angry grape juice. 

"It is, I know you don't care for them, but Ash has her heart set on me playing it, since it's supposed to be really good. You know I've never had any issues before with these kinds of games, so why would I start now?" I asked as I looked at my drink and swirled it a little, hearing the fizz a bit. 

Hearing her sigh as she put her glass down and put the cork back into the bottle, I looked up at her and she had her arms crossed and her index finger tapped on her elbow. Thinking for a moment she nodded before she finally gave into the request. 

"Fine, but if anything happens with this one, the game goes back to the store and no more horror games for a while." she said and I nodded happily as I got the permission I needed. Giving her a hug before I went up the stairs to see where I could get the game tomorrow since tomorrow was Friday that we had off from school. I texted Ash about how we were in the clear for the game. 

Hey Ash! We're in the clear for Slender. I can get it tomorrow and let it download over night and then it'll be a spooky marathon for the weekend. I bet I can finish it before Monday! 

Ohhhhhh girl, sounds like you wont be sleeping this weekend then. May the force be with you! 

Smiling gently after a quick goodnight, I got into bed and scrolled for where I could get the game without taking all of my allowance money. Plugging my phone in and getting getting comfy and falling asleep. 

~

Rewritten on 6/16/2021