The Fragile & The Broken ⊗ [boyxboy]

"Honestly mom, I'll be fine. Stop worrying." I huffed climbing out of my moms car. "Alright Damian, Im sorry. Do you have enough money baby?" She called from the driver's seat. I nodded and waved slightly before hurrying inside the main entrance of the mall. I felt kind of nervous since this was my first time going to the mall alone, anywhere actually. Wow I sound like such a loser.. probably because I am. Lets face it, Im starting high school tomorrow and I have no friends, this is the first time ive been somewhere without my mother, and im pretty sure im gay. Yup, Im a loser.

  I kept my head down and made my way over to Hot Topic. Browsing through some band tees, I decided on a couple of Of Mice & Men tank tops, a Slipknot shirt, a few Asking Alexandria tops and a Pierce The Veil sweatshirt. There were some kids that looked my age shopping as well, but Ive always been way too awkward to try and start a conversation, hence the part about me not having any friends..

  "Hey." I looked up and noticed I was standing in front of the counter, behind the counter stood the most gorgeous boy I had ever seen. I felt butterflies in my stomach just realizing he had said 'hey' to me, and then felt extremely stupid since he works here and is supposed to greet his customers. "Hi." I replied blushing and setting my merchandise down so he could ring it up. "Is that all?" He asked flashing a huge smile, I felt my knees go weak just looking at him. "Uhh, I'll take this too." I stuttered fumbling my fingers over to where band bracelets were displayed. "I like your taste in music." He chuckled adding the bracelet to the Hot Topic bag. I could feel my face go red, and I smiled shyly. 

  "Have a nice day, uh.. whats your name..?" This time the beautiful boy employed at Hot Topic was the one to blush. "Damian." I answered looking into his bright blue eyes nervously. "I'm Chris, maybe I'll see you around Damian." He grinned at me then turned his attention to the next customer in line. My heart rate finally slowed down and became normal once again as I exited the store. Its crazy how you can develop a crush on someone in an instant, but also very unfair considering im gay and guys that look that good aren't usually gay.

  Shopping around a few other stores for some new jeans and plain tees, I tried to distract myself with the grueling idea of high school, but not even that could replace the image of Chris. He just seemed so perfect. Absolutely stunning, friendly and very personable. Even though that was barely a conversation, he made me feel comfortable and I liked that feeling. If he wasn't so attractive I wouldn't have been nervous at all and thats something I can usually only say about my mom since shes the only person I feel comfortable talking to. 

  Pulling out my phone I sent a quick text to my mom that I was done and she could come get me, then headed off to the food court to wait her arrival. I ordered a smoothie and took a seat at one of the empty chairs, watching the groups of people pass by. They all seem so happy, I wish I could feel like that. Swallowing down some more of my smoothie, my eyes landed on the boy I saw earlier, his shift must be over by now. I stared at how gracefully he carried himself through the sea of chattering teenagers, looking as if he hadn't a care in the world. But just as soon as he had appeared, he was gone. Sighing I finished my beverage and walked towards the exit.

  "Did you have enough to get everything you need sweetheart?" My mother asked as I slipped into the passanger side. I shook my head and forced a smile. "Thats good, youre going to make a lot of friends this year Damian, Im sure of it honey." She smiled back reasuringly as she started driving home. I wish I could believe what she was saying, but how could I? Never did I ever have an actual friend, why would highschool change that? 

  Running up to my room, I threw the shopping bags on my bed and walked over to my ipod dock, pressing play on my All Time Low playlist. I sifted through the clothing and put them away into my draws, singing softly along to the lyrics flowing from the speakers. "Damian, dinner is almost ready." My mom called from downstairs. "Okay!" I yelled back hurrying to finish. I wasn't hungry at all, but if I didn't eat it would worry my mom. I tried hiding how upset and depressed I actually felt since Im all she has after my dad left us. But maybe she was right about all this 'making new friends' stuff. I guess it is possible this could be the year I make friends.. hell, I'd be happy with just one.