Chapter 14

I fell into Chris the moment he walked through the door. I didn't even bother trying to contain myself, he let my cry into his chest as he held me tightly.

"What's the matter babe?" He asked after a few minutes of silence. The idea of him calling me babe sent chills through me, but still wasn't enough to resolve my issues.

I rubbed at my eyes, "my mom told me we're moving." I chocked out.
Chris was quiet for a long time. He just held me rubbing small circles on my back, helping me calm down.
"When?" He finally said breaking the silence.
"Soon, probably a couple days." I mumbled still in complete disbelief.
Christopher nodded in a sad, but thoughtful way.
"Where?" He questioned pulling me back from his body to look at me.
"My aunts." I shivered. "It's a couple hours away." I started to cry again at the thought of leaving Chris. As if on command, he squeezed me tight and pulled me in so close I could barely breathe.
"Wanna stay with me?" He offered as simply as if it was the most obvious gesture in the world. I stared dumbfounded at him for a few seconds.
" you mean like move in?" I gushed. He nodded his head with a small smile.
"I'm sure your mom wouldn't have a problem with it. She'll most likely be thankful you can stay in the same school district." Chris shrugged, his smile broadening a bit more.
"You're the best." I simply put before crashing my lips into his.
It was strange, being able to have all these emotions simply washed away with a thoughtless kiss. I felt safe, I felt happy.
***
We'd been laying together for nearly an hour before I decided I was ready to ask my mom.
"Will you come with me?" I asked suddenly feeling nervous about what my mom might say.
Chris sat up instantly and put an arm around my shoulder.
"Of course!" He beamed, taking my hand and leading me out of my room. We walked down and took a seat next to each other at the kitchen table.
"Mom" I stated, trying to compose myself. My mom looked up from the list she was scribbling away at, probably groceries.
"Oh, what's up boys?" She smiled, sticking her now finished list up on to the fridge with a magnet.
" I heard you're moving." Chris got straight to the point in a very professional tone, which I appreciated. My mom looked confused at first, maybe a little upset. She plastered a sad smile on her face, full of regret and disappointment. "I'm sorry, there's not much else that can be done." She sighed.
"Damian feels he should stay at this school, where he's already made friends." Chris started matter of factly.
My mom cringed , opening her mouth but lost for a response.
"I suggest he stays with me. I'll make sure he gets to school, and I'll even help him with his homework." Chris seemed as if he was a professional bargainer.
My mom seemed stunned for a moment. All she could do was look back and fourth between Chris and I with a blank expression.
"You're parents would be alright with that?" She finally asked softly. "It may be a few weeks, even months." She added.
Chris nodded, seeming proud of his soon to be victory.
" my parents wouldn't mind at all, Damian is a great kid!" Chris smiled patting me on the back. My mom smiled, but in a happy/sad kind of way.
"I'll come visit you every Saturday. Okay?" My mom looked like she was about to cry, but was still smiling hard.
I got up and went to hug her. We held each other for a while. " okay." I smiled, letting go.
I knew she would miss me, but she knew being with Chris was what I wanted more than anything.
"Thank you Christopher." My mom said, finally composing herself.
We all just smiled at each other in a comfortable way. After a while my mom broke the quiet just before it got weird. "You should start packing then, you're aunts expecting me in two days." She waved us off, probably needing some alone time to let out the emotions she's been holding in. Chris and I just smiled and went back upstairs.
Chris made him self comfortable in my bed as I dug through my closet for some suitcases.
I only packed what I needed, clothes, school stuff, toiletries, and some extra things like some of my favorite video games, movies, and books. My mom would have all my furniture put in storage until we find a new place, hopefully not too far from Chris.
"You know, it will almost be like being married." Chris laughed wiggling his eyebrows mischievously.
I blushed but nodded in agreement.
" a nice big house all to ourselves. " he continued in a suggestive tone. I laughed but swatted his arm.
"Don't get any ideas!" I teased, secretly excited beyond belief. Chris pecked my cheek innocently.
"Love you, babe!" Chris sung cheerfully, probably just as excited as I was.
"Love you too." I smiled.
Everything felt so perfect once again.