Chapter 13 - Passion Part 2

A scream tore through her lips and Sarah gaspsed for air, clawing at her throat.

"Sarah!" Jareth is calling to her but all she can hear is the malicious laughter from her dream.

Jareth places his hands on her shoulders, worried about her. Her eyes are wild and screams of terror echo around the room. Sarah fights to break free from his grasp. Her legs get tangled in the blankets and she fell to the floor, finally waking completely.

Jareth looked at her, wanting to hold her, but afraid of her reaction, especially because he had just undressed for bed and was shirtless. She dissolved into tears, still clutching her neck. All she can remember from her nightmare is an intense sensation of pain in her neck and wrist. He picks her up as if she weighs nothing and holds her close to his chest where she continues to cry. He awkwardly pats her back.

"Sarah?" He asks when she seems to be calming down. "What did you dream, pet?"

"I can't even remember," She says in a hoarse voice. "I just remember pain. It was so real..."

She starts to cry again, the feeling of fear resurfacing. Jareth kisses her forehead and she looks into his eyes. Their lips meet in a short kiss.

"I would never let anything hurt you," He says with certainty. "You are my everything, my world would cease without you."

"You've managed without me before," She reminded him.

"But I knew you'd come to me eventually," He said in an arrogant tone. "We're meant to be. You are mine."

"Hmph," She climbed out of his lap and settled back into bed.

Jareth stood to go lie on the couch, but she shook her head.

"Don't leave me. What if I have the dream again?" She pat the bed beside her.

He nodded and slid under the covers beside her. The sheets rustle as she moves toward him to cuddle. His arms circle her body as her head rests on his chest. Their hearts pound in unison, both wondering when and if they could return to the intense sense of intimacy they'd achieved earlier.

Testing him, Sarah Kisses his neck and softly rubs her fingers over his stomach. His body tenses and she smiles. Stifling a giggle, she shifts slightly so she is able to kiss him on his lips. His response is immediate, and tracing his tongue along her lips, she gives the permission he wants.

The kiss deepens and before she realizes it, Sarah has raised herself over top Jareth to straddle him. She feels his erection along her inner thigh and moans quietly, bearing down slightly. Her shoulders are bare except for the thin straps of her nightgown, her hair frames her face.

Jareth could feel her pleasure between her legs. She rocked slightly, trying to create some friction. He smiled into the kiss and flipped them so he was looking down at her. A small squeal escaped her lips, she hadn't been expecting that to happen.

He laughed sexily and kissed her neck, nipping softly at her skin. Sarah moaned and struggled against him, yearning for more.

"Do you want me, my pet?" He murmured into her ear.

She moaned in response, unable to think coherently.

He teased her a few more minutes before pulling away, leaving her body exposed to the sudden cold. She looked at him, many emotions flicking through her eyes, from confusion and desire, to anger, to disappointment. He laughed and moved to lie beside her. She looks murderous.

"Not like this," He explains. "I want you to be mine in every way before intimacy consumes us." He lowers his voice to a whisper. "And it will consume us, my pet."

She turned her back, furious with him. She understood his reasoning, but that didn't make it any less infuriating. She wanted him so badly it scared her. She was still a virgin, always content with waiting for marriage. But knowing that they would be spending forever together made the temptation unbearable at times.

Once she had her breath under control she turned back around to face him. She gave him a small peck on the lips, it was her way of agreeing to disagree with him. Soothed by the sound of his heartbeat, she fell asleep. It wasn't long before he joined her.