Chapter 32

A U G U S T

A week and a half later paid for the ring and I had it put away in a safe place. In a few days we were heading to Maryland for the weekend and both of our suitcases were packed and for somebody who was scared to call in the first place she was anxious to finally see him again. Only thing she wasn't ready to do was say goodbye to Kaliyah and neither was I.

"Are you nervous," Julianna asked Kash. Her and D were over to see the baby again, it's like every other day we had people popping up over here.

"A little," Kash admitted, "Last time I saw him he was a baby. I just hope that we can have some fun all the while getting to know each other and build some type of relationship. Which reminds me I have to go to Toys'rUs I want to get him some gifts."

"ToysRUs," D spoke up.

"Her idea," I pointed at Kash.

"Well I just feel like I missed out on so much of his life that I owe him."

"I already picked out some kicks for him. His grandma told me he's a sneaker head so," I told them.

"And he also picked him out some outfits," Kash ratted me out, "His grandma told me that he loves superhero's and that his favorite is Spiderman."

"My nigga," D cheesed. His old ass still rocked Spiderman boxers, "I can come to help you pick out some stuff if you want?"

"Good luck with that," Julianna laughed, "He can't even pass the toy aisle in Walmart without him bouncing balls, riding bikes and acting like a kid."

"Why you always lying," D asked her.

"Well I don't mind the company," Kash shrugged, "Plus I don't know anything about what ten year old boys like."

"Cool," he smiled before rubbing his stomach, "Ya'll got any food, I'm hungry."

"This ain't no restaurant. Should of told your girl to cook for you before you came up over here," I told him.

"You trying to get her to kill my ass, you know she can't cook," D looked at Julianna, "No offense baby you know I love you."

"Whatever," Julianna shook her head and passed Liyah over to D.

"Besides," I turned my attention to Kash, "We don't got no food, all she goes to the store and buys is fruit and vegetables."

"I'm on a diet," she shrugged.

"You might be but I aint."

She rolled her eyes at me.

"Your on a diet still? I can't even tell you had a baby," Julianna looked at Kash saying what I was thinking.

"Well I can tell," Kashmere told her.

"Ya'll females kill me, acting like being pregnant is so hard, ya'll get to sit on ya'll asses for nine months, eat, get fat and do nothing."

"Umm nigga," Kash looked at him like he was crazy, "Imagine feeling like your carrying a bowling bowl in your stomach for nine months and then having to push that bowling ball out of your body. Feeling like it's ripping you apart from the inside out," she trailed off to let it sink in.

"Boys have it so easy," Julianna added and Kash agreed.

"Says who," D asked her.

"Says everything, girls not only bleed for a straight week every month but we also have to be pregnant and have kids," Julianna went on, "All you guys have to do is get up, wash your balls and go. We also have to worry about hair and makeup and nails."