[8] - Secrets

[8] – Secrets

Andrew raised an eyebrow as Rory blatantly ignored his so-called ‘art room’ again, walking right past it to the kitchen, humming under his breath. Normally, he wouldn’t notice but this was Rory he was talking about – he never ignored the place. It was like ever since the mention of Club Fantasy, Rory’s been avoiding his art room. Andrew sighed, feeling horrible. Was it because of him? Maybe he should have commented more on his work, he knew how insecure Rory was about his natural talent and maybe Rory felt even more so because Andrew hadn’t commented on it.

He was about to say something when the familiar horn of his girlfriend’s car nearly shocked him out of his chair.

He sighed and stood up, adjusting one strap of his school bag on his hand, “See you later, bro!”

“Take care and stay safe!” Rory called back distractedly from the kitchen.

Andrew decided that he was going to talk to him later. He was extremely worried about him.

Rory walked over to the sitting room as Andrew exited it, watching from the open sitting room curtains. He’d been scared out of his mind ever since he’d realized that Club Fantasy was real.

He felt a sinking sensation in his stomach – a sensation that had repeated itself since he’d Googled the place on his laptop – and was filled with an incredible amount of dread. Was he going crazy? How could he possibly have dreamt of a place that was real when he’d never seen or been there before? And how about Jeremy? About him being sick and dying?

Oh God, what if he was going mad? Or in some alternate universe? He pinched the bridge of his nose and decided to ignore it for now – he was only stressed out, that was all. He packed up the important items for his satchel – his sandwich, just in case, a sketchbook for those boring moments in the studio and some other necessities. His phone vibrated just as he was about to call a cab.

I’m picking you up. Be at yours in five x

Rory beamed, his heart fluttering as he replied; I’ll be waiting x

He was just locking the front door when Jeremy’s jeep appeared. He pocketed his key and jogged down to it, entering the passenger seat. Their faces met in the middle of their seats for a soft kiss in greeting before Jeremy was headed to the studio.

“I missed you.”

Rory blushed and stared out of his window, “might I remind you that we texted all weekend?”

“Doesn’t mean I can’t miss you.”

Rory blushed even harder. There was a brief silence before he replied quietly, still blushing madly, “I missed you too.”

“That’s the spirit!”

“Oh, shut it,” he chuckled.

“By the way, I was talking to Harry Goldberg yesterday – apparently she has to be somewhere to auction off most of her art and end her current contract before she can start working with us so it’s going to be a while before her heavenly self graces its presence in our studio.”

“Right,” Rory replied, “how long is ‘a while’ exactly?”

“Couple weeks was what she told me. It could be up to a month.”

“You’ll be just fine,” Rory smiled softly, placing his hand on Jeremy’s thigh in an act of comfort, “you’ve been fine without her and you’ll be fine for a few more weeks.”