Chapter Eleven: The Funeral

This is the last chapter. Listen to Shattered by Trading Yesterday during the chapter.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Third Person POV***

Its been a week from the day Sam died. Today is her funeral. The whole pack is there and none of them has taken Sam's death lightly.

How is Derek going to function without his mate? Who is he going to love?

How is Luna going to bear going to school without her hyper active sarcastic best friend right beside her for the next half of the year?

How is the pack going to function never hearing her little insults and sarcastic comments in pack meeting?

They won't they took this and their hearts are heavy with dread and hurt.

They go and stand around where Sam's coffin is just above a hole that's six feet. A priest stands looking at all the mourning faces.

"Here we stand honouring and celebrating a young life, that has sadly been taken away too soon. We hope she has a gentle journey to heaven, where she can watch over us. Now may the mother of young Sam say some words." The priest walks off and Jenny stands up in front of everyone.

"Sammy was the only thing I had left. Her father left and now she has died, I know she would've wanted me to move on and find love again, the love I felt for her but I can't. She was my everything, the only thing that kept me going. When she was born and she opened her blue eyes for the first time, I knew. I knew that her life would not go I forgotten, I knew she would die surrounded by the ones she loved the most. She was a strong girl, and I wish that she could've lived longer than I. I love you my baby girl and nothing will ever change that." Jenny goes back to her seat and starts to cry again.

"Well I believe that Sam's best friend has some words to say." The priest says again.

"Hey I'm Luna and well Sammy was my best friend. When she moved here I knew she would be an amazing person. She was one of those people you just clicked with. But now she has passed and she's left me here to go through life alone, that's not what best friends are for. But I can make an exception for you Sammy, you died doing what's right and I can't blame you. I love you Sammy and you'll always be in my heart, no one will ever replace you as my best friend." Luna says in the verge of tears.

"Now will the boyfriend of the deceased please come up to day a few words." Says the priest again.

"Well I'm Derek and I was Sam's boyfriend. I'm not very good at words but I was there when she was taking her last breaths. She said she wanted all of you to move on, she wanted you to not grieve over her, she loves you and she told me that she says goodbye. We had names for each other, she called me Woolfie and I called her Angel. She was the light of my life, I know what you all are thinking but I was in love with her. From her tattoos to her blue eyes, I loved her. I usually don't do relationships cause I usually get hurt, but this relationship will never die and neither will my love for her. Uh thank you." Derek walks off the stage struggling to hold in his tears.

"Now as we lower her into the ground we shall play her favourite song."

The priest presses play on the CD player where the song is. Shattered by Trading Yesterday starts to play.

The song makes everyone breakdown. Luna leaves Scott's embrace as she walks up to Derek, then they embrace.

"I loved her so much. I still do." Derek mumbles into Luna's hair.

"I know Derek but she would want us to learn to live without her." Luna says back.

"I don't think I'll ever learn, it feels like I've died inside." Derek speaks back, now letting the tears fell.

Why did she have to leave?

She was only 18.

Why did Derek's mate die? Now Derek thinks that he'll never be able to live without her.

He's basically dead without her.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Yes that was the last chapter.....
Love you,
Siobhan.