Chapter Four: What's Up With Derek?

Luna's POV***

"There's a pack training session today." Scott says his voice muffled as he nuzzles his face into my neck.

"Is Sam coming?" I ask him and Scott nods in response. A yes. "YAY!"

||||||time skip to pack training session||||||

"So Derek what do you have in store for us today? Are gonna throw us up against walls or make us run around the woods?" Jackson says not looking forward to doing any of this.

"We are going to be running today, and maybe afterwards I can order some pizza for a treat since you all have been training really hard." Derek smiles and everyone looks at him strangely then we all whoop.

"Sour Wolf why are being so nice?" Stiles asks the nickname making Derek growl.

"Stiles shut up before I change my mind and rip your throat out... With my teeth." Derek growls menacingly at Stiles.

"So this is your personality uh Woolfie?" Sam teases making everyone chuckle, Derek rolls his eyes but let's out a little chuckle and a little smile.

What a smile? A chuckle? What is going on with Derek? I think I might have a clue...

"Lydia, Stiles, Mason, Alison and Luna you can stay here and watch or you can watch TV it doesn't matter." Derek says walking outside everyone else behind him.

"Ok what's going on with Derek?" Alison asks.

"I don't know! He never acts like this." Mason says sitting down on the couch.

"It started when Sam came to town." Stiles states.

"Maybe they are both together." I say. I look at Lydia who seems to be thinking this all over.

"Not they couldn't be together they are both so different." Stiles says.

"Opposites attract." Alison says.

"Lydia what are you thinking about?" Mason asks.

"I think they are both mates." Lydia nods agreeing with herself.

"Why do you think that?" I ask.

"When Sam is around he looks like he has a hard time controlling his wolf, just like what your mates." Lydia points at Stiles and I. "He is has also been nicer and more patient with all of us. Example a, he is ordering us pizza and example b, he is treating us a little better."

"But that could also mean that he's realising that he doesn't have to be so mean to us all the time." Stiles says.

"Stiles why is it so hard to believe that Derek and Sam are together?" I ask confused.

"I don't know just that Derek is so mean and Sam is so nice." Stiles answers.

"Well I hope that they are together." Mason says.

"Same. They would look pretty cute together." Alison smiles.

Scott's POV***

||||||same time as the Derek and Sam conversation was going on||||||

Here I am running with Kira on one side and Isaac on the other. I look in front and I see Derek and Sam running together. I didn't know Sam would've been this fast at running.

"What's up with Derek?" Kira whispers to Isaac and I.

"Why do you ask?" I say.

"Just look at him." Kira whispers back.

We all look forward and we see Derek and Sam talking and laughing with each other.

"Ok that is weird." Isaac whispers to us.

"Yeah maybe they're dating or maybe they're mates." I say.

"Maybe." Says Isaac.

"Can you guys hear what they are saying?" Kira asks. I and and strain my hearing.

(When things are written like this they are what Scott is hearing.)

"So Woolfie how far do we have to run?" Sam complains.

"Are you getting tired?" Derek teases.

"No I'm not tired, I'm worried your tired Woolfie." Sam says.

"Stop calling me Woolfie!" Derek exclaims.

"But I like the nickname Woolfie."

"Well that means that I'm going to have to think of a name for you." Derek challenges.

"Whatever." Sam chuckles.

"So what did you hear?" Kira asks me.

"They are just flirting, Sam calls Derek Woolfie and Derek is trying to figure out a name for Sam." I say panting from all the running.

"Well if they aren't dating they should." Isaac says. We just nod.

||||||skip to after the run||||||

"What kind of pizza do you all want?" Derek asks us all as we tell him our orders. We look at Derek and it looks like he isn't paying any attention and is staring at something at the stairs. Very angrily might I add.

"Derek did you get all that?" Hayden asks.

"Uh yeah I did." Derek smiles reassuringly. I look over to where he was staring and I see Sam standing there talking to Peter they are laughing. I think Derek is slightly jealous.

Derek leaves looking pretty angry. He comes back and still has a scowl and a glare on his face. I decide that I will go over there and interrupt her and Peter.

"Hey Sam can we talk?" I ask and Peter glares at me.

"Yeah sure." Sam smiles at me. We walk over to the couch.

"I wouldn't trust Peter ok he's bad news." I whisper to Sam.

"I could tell by the way Derek was glaring at Peter." Sam chuckles.

"You were making Derek jealous? Weren't you?" I laugh.

"Yes now shhhhh." Sam laughs as well.

*knock knock*

"PIZZA IS HERE!!!!!" Luna yells.

////////////////////////////////////////////////
Hello!
I hope you enjoyed this chapter?
Love you,
Siobhan