Chapter Three: Mate

Derek's POV***

Here I am just walking around my house until I finally get bored of that and walk to my room I sit down on my bed and think back to the night after the Beacon Hills incident.

Flashback

"Derek you scared the fuck out of me." Sam giggles as she walks up to her front door. I smile at her.

"Sorry about that." I chuckle. She makes me so giddy... That sounded unlike me.

"So why are you here Big Bad Woolfie?" She smiles as she lets me inside her house.

"I have to tell you about something. And really Big Bad Woolfie, does that make you Little Red Riding Hood?" I say.

I've been wanting to tell her about mates and I think that she's my mate. Cause whenever I'm around it takes me so much willpower not to let my wolf take control and not kiss her.

"Oki doki come right in!" She leads me to her room. "So what did you want to tell me?"

"Sam there's these things called mates and when a wolf has a mate it's basically their soul mate. When you have a mate their smell in undeniably perfect and everything they do you fall in love with. I think you're my mate." I spill.

Sam just makes a face at me like she's trying to take that in. It makes my heart slightly shatter.

"Derek can you please leave I just need some time to think about this." She sighs. I nod and walk down the stairs, Sam walking down beside me. My heart shattering with each step I take.

"Bye Sam."

"Bye Derek." Sam mutters giving me a slight kiss on the check which makes my heart swell with a little bit of hope.

End of flashback

I decide that I have to go talk to her to see if she doesn't hate me or anything.

I wait until the end of the school day and until the sun starts to set. I run to Sam house I only see her car and not her mums. She must be at work.

I walk around the side of the house and I see that she has her window open and she is reading something in her laptop.

I climb up and through the window scaring the hell out of Sam.

"DEREK!" She screams. That makes me laugh and smile.

"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you." I smile at her.

Sam's POV***

"Well you did you asshole!" I chuckle at him as I punch him softly.

Suddenly he looks down and frowns.

"Uh h-have you thought about that mate thing?" Derek stutters.

I think about it. It is true that I feel a weird bond with him and I've talked to it with Luna and Stiles who aren't were-wolves but have mates. They said that you have an undeniable bond with them and every time you kiss them it feels like your lips are on fire.... And I might think that he's fucking hot. So I do what any other girl would do if a hot were-wolf just told him your were his mate I kissed him. And let me tell you something when I kissed him Stiles and Luna were lying it's way better then what said it was. It felt like my lips were on fire and my veins had lava flowing through them.

We separate and Derek slips his shirt off and sits on the bed sliding up so his back is on the bed board. I crawl up and straddle him he slips his hands up my top and we break away so he can pull my top over my head. I hear Derek growl, wait no purr as his eyes turn a bright red. Chuckle at him and his eyes go back to normal he smiles as he leans up to kiss me again but this time it's more passionate and needy.

I grind down on him making him groan and he pushes me off him.

"What is it Der?" I ask leaning back.

"I want our first time to be special." Derek takes my hand and intertwines it in his. He kisses my hand and laughs.

"What?" I chuckle.

"Your hands are so small." He stares into my eyes.

"Shut up!" I chuckle as I get up off the bed and grab Derek's shirt.

I walk over to my closet and pull out some black pyjama shorts.

"Now no peaking." I point an accusing finger at Derek.

"Don't worry I'll go into the bathroom if you want." He sighs getting up. "Have I ever told you that I love your tattoos?"

"No." I shake my head.

"Well I love them nearly as much as I love you when your wearing just your bra." Derek winks.

"Shut up!" I push him into the bathroom.

After I'm changed Derek comes out and takes off his pants and shoes just leaving him in his black briefs. We snuggle up together under the blankets.

"I heard that you were never like this before we met. You were brooding and very angry or something." I say.

"Well I guess you've changed me." Derek mumbles and holds me tighter.

"For the good or the bad?" I ask.

"For good." Derek smiles.

"Derek?"

"Mmmmhmmmm?" He mumbles in response.

"Do you wanna keep this a secret for a little?"

"Yeah we should." Derek mumbles against my head as he kisses it.

I give him one last kiss before we go to bed and fall into a deep slumber.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
HELLO!
I hope you enjoyed!
Love you,
Siobhan