Chapter 20: Birthday Killer

A/N : Happy Birthday to........ {cough, cough}

I was going to wait until midnight but I'm just gonna upload it right now. Enjoy :)

~*~

Avery

A few weeks past. More like two, it was August 14th. My birthday, everything was different this day. More importantly I was different. I didn't feel the same. I mean the position I'm in right now, nothing's the same as before. At least I wasn't grounded anymore, which meant I had time to train with Jeremy and Luke, little did I know the had someone accompanying them, Daniel. "So you see, when your aiming at someone make sure your holding the gun, firmly and point directly at them." Luke said instructing me how to hold a gun. "I think I know how to hold a gun." I replied back. "This isn't about thinking, this is about knowing." He replied. "It's her birthday man, cut her some slack." Daniel said walking over and slapped his hand against Luke's shoulder. "Yes, but it's also Skylar's." Luke muttered. "Uh, can we just get back to the training." I said a little bit unease. "Yeah, let's get back to training." Luke replied. "Why don't I train her for a little while?" Daniel suggested, "Because she can't handle your type of training." Luke responded. "Awh, common. How bout it Avery?" Daniel asked. "I think she'll be better off with me." Luke responded, "Um, no. Uh, let me try training with him for a bit." I said softly. "Are you sure?" Luke asked as I nodded my head. "Alright, now when your out to kill someone the plan isn't always easy. You have to adapt to it. Set your mind to it and show no fear. Your impulsiveness should help you while doing this. It's not all just about shooting someone and that's it. It's about taking, every last bit of their soul." Daniel replied as he helped me. "Do you understand, me?" Daniel added. "Yes." I replied. "Good, because in order for this game to end, you have to kill Skylar." He replied. "And this is all happening, tonight." He added. "She's not ready for this." Luke replied in a raspy tone. "Maybe I am." I replied softly. "You want to be the one to kill Skylar?" Luke asked with a disapproval look on his face. "Yes. It's not like she's done anything to you. I'm doing it and that's final." I replied eagerly. "Good. Now, back to training." Daniel said as he bumped into Luke's shoulder. After hours of training, they finally let me take a break. My parents would call and check up on me of course, so I just lied and said I was doing something else and of course they believed me. I hate lying to them, but at this point I had no other chose. "So do we have a plan for tonight?" I said sitting down on the couch next to Jeremy. "It's pretty simple. Just go after Skylar. Luke, Daniel, and I will handle Jason and his brother." He replied as I remained quiet. "I've always wondered what you saw in him. That kid's nothing but trouble." He added. "Yeah, well he was my kind of trouble." I muttered and got back up. "Hey, so um...Since it's your birthday, we should do something." Luke said, "Like what?" I said looking over at him. "I dunno. We can catch a movie or something." He added. "Actually, I think I'd rather go home. I kinda wanna rest for tonight and I don't wanna worry my parents." I replied. "Oh. Okay, so I'll see you later then." He replied. "Mhm." I muttered and went out the door.

~*~

Daniel

"The fuck was that about? Stick to the plan, fucking around with Avery isn't going to help anyone." I said snapping at Luke. "No one was fucking around with her, it's called being nice. Try it for once." He replied back. "There's a border like for nice and playing to be nice. Pick one side and stick to it." I added. "Can we not argue tonight for once? I know you two can't stand each other but you'll need to for tonight at least." Jeremy said trying to calm things down. "Whatever. Just don't mess anything up tonight." I said and walked away into the other room. Unlike the rest of them, I wanted to be prepared. I knew what they were capable of. Their all smart and cunning. I carefully pull out this duffle bag under my bed and place it on the bed as I unzip it revealing a pile of guns, bombs, and other sort of weapons. I started loading the guns up and placing them back carefully for later when Jeremy walked into the room. "That's everything for tonight?" He asked, "Yeah, just being prepared." I replied and continued doing what I was doing. "After we kill Skylar, what are we going to do about Avery?" He asked. "She'll have a normal life, and we don't have to deal with Skylar anymore. It's a win, win." I replied. "What about Jason and Alex?" He added. "We won't have to worry about them after tonight." I said before loading the last gun.