Chapter 25: Love More

A/N: I told you guys I'd update more. So now, I updated twice in a day, yay. Okay, 2 more chapters left to go... Enjoy :)

~*~

Monday; 6:00 PM

~*~

Everybody has a dark side.

You just have to find it,

It lies within our souls.

The devil tries to lead us

into temptation but with

the help of God, we learn

not to be led. But, the game

leads you right there.

There's no way out of it,

unless your the winner.

~*~

Daniel

"So what exactly is our next move?" I asked Luke curiously. "We'll wait until she comes back. I over heard that she's visiting her grandmother. When she comes back that should give her time to decide whether she wants to be on our side or no one's." He replied as he took a sip of orange juice. "You never told me how the funeral went. How was it?" I asked curiously as I took a bite of toast as his phone rang. "Hold on, let me take this." He replied and answered the phone. "Skylar, to what do I owe this phone call?" He asked as he placed the call on speaker. "Luke, just calling to see how you were." She replied. "What do you want Skylar?" He asked. "What makes you think I want something?" She asked. "Because you're Skylar." He replied. "Then you don't know me." She added. "What's the point of this phone call?" He asked getting annoyed. "Did you know if Jeremy ever had a daughter?" She asked. "What? Why would he have a daughter-", "Nothing, forget it." She replied and hung up. "What was that about?" I asked curiously. "I have no idea. Probably her way of trying to trick me or something." He replied. "But why would Skylar care if Jeremy had a daughter or not?" I asked. "Why do you care?" Luke responded. "Just curious." I replied. "Do you want to know what happened yesterday or not?" He added. "Yeah, so what happened?" I asked noticing he changed the subject. "Well the Sonclare's came and Jesse was there." He replied. "What were they all doing there?" I asked. "I invited the Sonclare's, but I don't know what Jesse was doing there." He added. "Ever thought someone sent him." I suggested as he looked over at me. "Someone with pale skin and black hair." I added. "Of course." He muttered.

~*~

Marcia

"Avery are you packed?" I said as I stood by the stairs. "Yeah, mom." She yelled from her room. "Alright, come downstairs and get something to eat." I added as I heard footsteps come down the stairs. "What's for dinner?" She asked as she sat on the barstool. "Lasagna." I replied as I took it out the oven and placed it in front of her. "Yes." She replied and grabbed a plate from the side with a fork as I cut a piece for her and placed it on the plate and passed it back to her. "It's hot still, so wait a while." I added. "Where's dad?" She asked looking around. "Out as usual." I replied as she placed her fork in the lasagna. "Who was that boy you were with yesterday?" I asked as I grabbed a can of soda out of the fridge and placed it in front of her. "Luke?" She responded, "No, the other guy. Blonde hair with blue-ish grey eyes." I responded. "Oh, you mean Jesse." She replied. "Jesse, that's a nice name. Is he your boyfriend or-", "Mom, can you not." She replied. "Sorry I'm just curious on who my daughter dates." I added. "Well you don't have to worry about that. The last guy I dated was-", "Jason." I said looking up at her. "Yeah." She said softly as she set her soda can down. "You didn't seem very happy when I said his name. What happened between you two?" I asked concerned. "I rather not talk about him. He's nothing but trouble." She responded. "Did he hurt you?" I asked as she remained quiet. "Avery." I said. "No, he didn't hurt him, he left me. Alright?" She replied and looked up at me. "Don't ask me why he left, I honestly don't know." She replied. "I didn't know you'd get so upset. I didn't mean to bring it up." I replied. "You didn't know, it's fine." She replied and continued eating. "Normally when a girl reacts like that, it means she still loves him." I added. "I'm not normal, I think we all know that." She replied with a chuckle. "The question is do you still love him?" I asked waiting for a reply. "Even if I do, we can't be together anyway. It's complicated." She replied. "Love is complicated, Avery. The only thing you need to worry about is how long you can keep up with it. Your a strong girl, I believe you can." I replied and walked out the kitchen leaving her to eat.

~*~

Jason

"Hi."

"Hey."

"Look, I-"

"I'm sorry I didn't listen to you."

"Listen to me about what?"

"Everything."

"It's not your fault, I would've got out that car too."

"-You still there?"

"Yeah, I'm just thinking."

"Listen, I'm sorry about everything. I shouldn't have left you, and I'm sorry for Alex."

"It's fine, it's my fault I can't tell the difference between the two of you."

"Ha, yeah. So um, what are you doing later?"

"Your back in Vegas?"

"I guess you can say that."

"Meet me later tonight, I wanna see you."

"I don't know if that's a good idea."

"When were together we never had good ideas, did we?"

"Ha, no we didn't. I remember one time we got kicked out the movies because you kept yelling at the movie and insult the character every minute."

"It's not my fault the shit was boring. It needed some entertainment."

"Okay. So were we meeting?"

"Uh, the park? 7:30?"

"What if this is some set up with Skylar?"

"It's not. Skylar's not worth losing you again."

"Alright, I'll see you later."

~*~

Avery

I didn't know if I was ready to see him again, but I did know I wanted to. I'll admit it as much as I hate it to, I missed him. "Hey." I said walking up to him with my hands in my shorts. "You came." He replied and stood up. "You didn't think I'd show?", I didn't think you'd forgive me that easily." He replied as I stayed quiet. "It's not that, it's just been awkward between us. I didn't really know what to say to be honest." I replied, "Same." He added. "So what are we doing at the park?" I asked looking over at him. "You'll see, come on." He said and began to run. "Wait, what?" I shrieked and started laughing and ran off. "Jason, wait." I shrieked. Shit he ran fast. "Jason?" I called his name again. "Jason." I repeated when someone grabbed me by my waist and lifted me up and spun me around and then placed me down. "You son of a bitch!" I said hitting Jason on the shoulder. "Damn, someone's upset." He said holding my hand as we continued to walk heading by the swings. "Your a little shit, you know that right?", "I try my best." He replied with a grin. I took a seat next to him on the swings and started to swing back and forth through the awkward silence. "How's your parents?" He asked trying to make conversation. "Their good, how's Ralph?" I asked. "He's fine." He replied and grabbed my swing stopping me from swinging. "I don't think I'm over you." He started. "And I know that-", He needed to shut up, I didn't want to hear what he had to say. I just wanted him to know I was there, no matter what. I kissed him. "I'm not over you either. We'll talk when I get back, Im spending the week with my grandmother, I'll see you after. I just have a lot to think about. Just promise me you won't go running off again." I said getting up. "I promise." He said letting go of my hand. "Hey-", "Things are gonna get better for us, Av." He said as I turned around. "I know it will." He added, I smiled and then walked off.

~*~

Vote & Comment.