Chapter 12: Can You Keep a Secret?

Avery

I guess this leads up to the point were I'm running right? 

~*~

I began running into the woods far away from my surroundings. I went deep in the woods, as I ran faster and faster. My heart beat began to race as the trees starting rustling. I started hearing footsteps as I took a step back on a branch that broke. I started running between the bushes as twigs began snagging at hair and scratching face. I started running again and then fell breathing heavily. I started catching breath as I looked around and felt some grab me and cover my mouth. I was on the ground for the that moment, I felt faint and dizzy. "Wake up little bitch." Someone said while kicking my sides. I started to groan in pain as I tried to open my eyes. "Get up." They said kicking me again. I clutched my hands on the ground digging in the dirt in discomfort. I finally gained my balance and sat up. My eyes on the other hand were still heavy. But I knew for sure this wasn't a guy. "You look nothing like what Jason described you as." She replied. "What do you want from me?" I groaned. "What I wanted, I can't have anymore. She's gone." She replied. "So your doing this all because of Skylar?" I asked curiously. "No, there's a lot more to the story than you know." She replied. "There's always more to the story then I don't know." I replied as I finally got an eye of her appearance. Blonde hair and black eyeliner surrounding her eyes and a bit pale. "Smarter than you look Avery." She replied. "Part of the reason your here is because of Jason. He and Daniel have some, unfinished business people might say." She said placing a cigarette in her mouth and grabbed a lighter out her pocket and lit the cigarette. "Maybe I'll make this easier for Daniel and just kill you, I mean Jason killed Skylar right?" She said as she took the cigarette out her mouth and released smoke. "So why don't you just kill me?" I questioned to ask her, "I mean your such a badass then why don't you?" I added. She glared at me, "Maybe I will." She said softly. "But killing me won't bring Skylar back, now would it?" I asked, "No, but watching you die the way you watched Skylar die would be just as better." She replied as she released smoke out her mouth and dropped the cigarette on the ground and crushed it with the heel of her black combat boots. "Anything else you wanna say before I kill your ass?" She asked as she reached into her pocket for what appeared to be a pocket knife. "Maybe I should take a video, so Jason could witness your pain." She added. I remained quiet as she walked towards me with the blade of the knife. I swallowed my saliva and started breathing heavily as I started to move away from her, until she grabbed me by my shirt and placed the knife on my neck. "I hope you rot in hell." She muttered just as she was about to cut me when I grabbed her hand and took the knife out her hand which fell onto the ground. I quickly reached over and got it as she lunged herself at me, tackling me onto the ground fighting for the knife, I quickly held it up with all the strength I had left to fight and stabbed her. What left remained was blood, and a vision of Emma. "I hope you see Skylar in hell." I muttered back as I got up from the ground and wiped the blood on my shirt and placed the knife back in my pocket as I heard a gun shot. All I could think of is, running.

"You can't prepare for everything life's going to throw at you. And you can't avoid danger. It's there. The world is a dangerous place, and if you sit around wringing your hands about it, you'll out on all the adventure."  

― Jeannette Walls

~*~

Jason

When your lies, and your past comes back to haunt you, and hurt the ones you love ruins you inside a bit. Your life doesn't make sense anymore, and all the pressure surrounds you. Everything, then you worry about the girl. The girl that you've been longing for, and then her smile. That smile you wish to see everyday you wake up. But then, there's always someone in the middle of it. You bring trouble to her life, and you make her do things you wish she'd never have to worry about. But she does, in order to be with you. You try your best for her to forget about you, move on and have the life she deserves, but she keeps coming back. So what do you do? Kill? Runaway? At first it all makes sense, but then the guilt inside grows stronger and someone takes over your body, and there's nothing you can do. Your gone for that moment, so you do these crazy things until it hits you that all of this isn't a dream, it's real life.  

~*~

"That's a girl you have there, Jason." Daniel said while smirking as he observes Avery. "I told you to leave." I shrieked in anger. I feared for her, but then I saw the blood on her shirt. "What the hell happened?" I asked pulling her over to me protectively. "Nothing, don't worry about it." She muttered softly. "No, why don't you tell us Avery?" Daniel said while smirking. I grabbed Avery's hand and clutched it tightly as she looked up at me, and slowly took a pocket knife out her pocket which appeared to have been freshly used. "Who was in the woods with you?" I asked conceringly. "I-I don't know her name, she had blonde hair and she was a bit pale with eye liner around her eyes, probably about 5' 8." She replied. "Kaitlyn." I muttered. "Wow, Jason-" Daniel began to speak, "She's turning into you." He continued. "Everything you didn't want her to become, I mean look at her. This is her second kill, what makes you so sure there won't be a third." He added. "There won't be." I replied as I looked at Avery. "Ya sure about that?" He said looking at Avery. "I bet this little red, wants to kill me right now. It's in her eyes. You can tell. The anger. The pain. All of it. She wants to let it out. Man, you gotta stop lying to her." He added. "Lying about what?" Avery questioned. "He never told you?" "Told me what?" She asked as she let go of my hand and started to back up away from me.