Chapter 19: Keeping Secrets

A/N : Okay so I updated again, yay. I would've updated earlier but my phone got tooken away and I just got it back yesterday and I write in my notes on my iPhone and then edit the story on my computer then post it so that's why...yeah..anyways....here's chapter 19, read carefully. Have any questions about the story or if your confused just comment below or go to my message board or just inbox me :)

~*~

Avery

"Good morning, I see that your up." My mother says as I walk into the kitchen to open the fridge. "Obviously." I muttered under my breath. "Where's dad?" I asked grabbing a grape out of the refrigerator and placed one in my mouth. "He's upstairs, he actually wants to speak to you about something." She added. "Oh, perfect." I muttered sarcastically. "I think you should go up." She replied as I closed the fridge and glared over at her before I went up the stairs I over heard something. "I don't want you calling this number back.", "-What's done is done. Leave my family out of it." He said as I slowly walked in the room as he placed the phone down aggressively. "Hey, um..you wanted to talk to me?" I asked standing in the doorway. "Yeah, come in." He replied as I walked slowly over to the bed and sat on the edge of it. "What was he doing here yesterday?" He asked as I sat quietly. "I was asking him some questions, nothing serious." I replied. "Questions? What type of answers do you need from him?" He snapped, "The kind that keep us alive." I snapped back. "I told you nothing bad is going to happen to us again. Jeremy's gone, Skylar is-", "Who were you on the phone with?" I asked curiously. "What?", "I asked who were you on the phone with?" I repeated. "That's none of your business Avery." He snapped, "Well then Luke being here was none of your business either." I snapped and walked out of the room and headed straight for my room and locked the door. I was an inch away to being grounded for life with this "attitude" of mine according to my mother. I was just frustrated and I needed answers, That paper was the answer. "I just want don't want anyone getting hurt, Avery." My father said standing outside of my door. "I've been hurt before." I replied softly. "But I don't want you getting hurt again." He added. "I can protect myself!" I shrieked with frustration. "Just come out of your room and we can talk, okay?" He added as my phone buzzed. "Avery." He repeated as I slowed walked over to my desk and looked at my phone.

<Luke>

We need to talk. I think I know a way we both can find Skylar

~*~

"Avery." He called my name again. "Dad, can we talk later? I'm kind of not feeling well." I replied. "Your not feeling well? Is it something you ate? Are you okay?" "I'm fine. I just need some rest." I replied and started to type on my phone.

<To Luke>

Come over, sneak up to my room through the window. Text me when your outside, don't let anyone see you.

~*~

"Are you sure? You just woke up. Can I get you anything?" He added. "Dad, I'm okay." I shrieked getting annoyed. "Fine. Just come to me if you need anything." He added as I heard footsteps carried off. I sighed in relief and walked over to the edge of my bed and sat down. I nervously started to bit on my lip as I waited patiently for Luke to come. If Luke knew a way we could find Skylar, it was a better way of finding out about this game. I haven't heard from Jason for quite a while now, well actually ever since that encounter with Alex. God, I was so naive, I just. "Avery, open up." A voice said as I turned around to see Luke. "I told you to text me when you were outside, what the hell, Luke." I muttered opening the window and helped him inside and closed the window back.

~*~

Luke

"Sorry, I kind of got held up." I replied as I stepped into her room. "I see you haven't changed a bit." I added looking around to see her room neatly organized. "I like to keep my stuff open." She replied as she glared over at me, "Some things are better kept shut.", "It depends, if you like hiding everything from yourself." She added, "Or if you just like hiding stuff from others." I said firmly. "You said you know a way we both can find Skylar?" She asked as she took a seat. "In order for us to find Skylar, we have to pair up with someone who also wants to find Skylar." I replied, "Who the hell else wants to look for Skylar? If anything, everyone wants to get away from Skylar." She replied. "You said something about that paper has to deal with Skylar, right?" I asked curiously. "Yeah.." She replied sounding a bit unsure of herself. "Well if Jeremy has that paper. Then we-", "We have to team up with Jeremy?" She asked. "Are you willing to do that?" I asked curiously. She sighed, "Whatever it takes." She replied softly. "Alright, so when are you not grounded anymore? The sooner we get in contact with Jeremy the better." I added trying to persuade her even more. "I'm not sure." She replied. "Well find out and when you do, call me." I added headed over to her window. "Everything's gonna be alright, okay?" I said as I began to get out, "Yeah, okay." She said softly. "Just trust me." I added, "I can't do that." She added. "Why's that?" I asked curiously. "I've just lost trust for everyone these days, even myself." She replied.

~*~

Alex

"Jason, you okay?" I asked as I looked at him as he was sitting on the couch with his head down covering his face with his hands. "Yeah, I'm fine." She replied back quickly. "Ya sure? You seem tense." I added. "I'm fine, just leave me alone." He replied. "If your fine then why do you want me to leave you alone?","-Ya thinking about her aren't you?" I added. "No, I'm not. Now leave me the fuck alone." He groaned. "Hey, it's not my fault you wanna listen to Skylar. If I was you I'd tell Avery. She doesn't deserve any of this to be honest." I added, "Why do you care so much?" He asked conceringly. "Because in the end, we both know how this is going to turn out and obviously you still care about her, I just don't want anyone I care about getting hurt." I replied. "Since when do you care about me so much?" He snapped, "Because I made a promise.", "-And I can't break that promise to him." I added and started to walked away. "You know you didn't have to listen to dad." Jason added as I started to walk away. "Actually I did, there's a lot more you don't know about Jason. A lot." I replied. "So your just gonna keep, keeping secrets?" He asked, "I have to if I want your ass alive." I replied and walked off.

Vote & Comment .