Chapter 27: Let The Games Begin

A/N : Last chapter, yay and AWH :'(( we've come so far. The book is done after this, Dirty Little Secret is OVER! Wow, so any fans of my series you can start crying cause there's only one book left and after that it's done, FOREVER. Feel free to inbox me and write on my wall for any needs necessary. The trailer for the game is posted at the end of this chapter, enjoy. I love you guys so much and thanks for reading, good luck this first few months of school, ugh.

~*~

Next Day; 9:00 AM

~*~

Jason

"Morning." I said walking out of my room as Ralph and Alex stared at me. "What's wrong?" I asked conceringly. "Skylar, I tried calling her earlier and she didn't answer." Alex replied. "Her phone probably died." I responded. "That's what I figured, so I went over to the apartment.", "She's gone." He added. It's not like Skylar to run off, only for a good reason. Something happened. "Try calling her again." I replied. "Jason, aren't you listening to what I just-", "Call her again." I repeated as I slipped into my shoes and walked out the door.

~*~

Marcia

"Avery, are you up. Your gonna miss the bus." I said as I sat on the barstool drinking a cup of coffee. "Yes, I'm up." She replied as she walked down the stairs dragging a heavy bag along with her. "What's in that bag? Your spending a week, not a month." I said sarcastically as I got up to help her down the stairs. "Thanks." She said as we got down the stairs. "-And haha, very funny. While I'm in Arizona, I plan on having fun before-", "You go off to college. You did send in applications right? When we get back remind me we have to go shopping." I added. "Mom, I thought we talked about this. I'm taking a year off." She replied. "Your what? Avery I don't think-", "I mean with everything going on I just want to wait at least a year before knowing I want to settle down in college. Just trust me on this, okay?" She replied. "We'll talk about this when you get back." I added as she opened the door. "Yeah, sure. I gotta go before I miss the bus, okay." She replied. "Okay, bye." I said as I closed the door and sat back down at the barstool. "Shit. She forgot her phone." I said walking towards the door to open it. "Avery!" I yelled. Luckily she wasn't far and she heard me. She started to run back as the phone buzzed in my hand showing a missed call from Skylar. "Thanks." She said coming up to me as I passed her the phone. "Your welcome." I replied and closed the door back. Skylar, huh? Looks like this family has more secrets I don't know about.

~*~

Luke

My phone started to ring as I got out the bathroom and dried my face off. "Jason, wow. Not surprised to see you calling-", "Cut the shit, where's Skylar?" Jason snapped. "I don't know what your talking about?" I replied. "Luke, if your fucking lying to me-", "Jason, I don't know where Skylar is. Last I heard from her she was asking about Jeremy." I replied. "Why don't I believe you?", "Thats your problem, not mine. Have fun looking for her, McCann." I replied and hung up the phone. "Daniel." I called looking around the apartment. "Dan." I added as I continued looked around to see that the apartment was empty.

~*~

"If anything ever happens to me, Luke, look inside this box."

"What's in there-"

"Don't open it now, wait. It can help you whenever things get bad."

"Things are already bad."

"Not quite. Always remember to keep Skylar close to, as a friend and as a enemy."

"How is that possible?"

"You'll come to learn."

~*~

That box. I was always curious about what was inside, I never bothered to look because I never had the time too. Daniel didn't know about it and he wasn't home so it was a perfect time to get it and take a look inside, the only problem was where he left the key.

~*~

Skylar

"You should've at least told me when you were going to run off, covering up your death wasn't as easy as it seemed."

"I know, I'm sorry. Thanks for your help by the way."

"Anything for my little girl."

"Yet I'm not so sure of it."

"What?"

"Why didn't you tell me about Jeremy."

"You weren't suppose to find out-"

"Well I did, didn't I."

"Skylar-"

"Out of all people I expected this from mom but you, you just lied to me."

"If anyone knows about lying, it's you. He's dead now, there's no point in discussing this anymore."

"Of course you'd say something like that."

"I didn't know he meant that big of deal to you, knowing the fact you never knew him."

"If you'd have ever-"

"It wasn't my position to tell!"

"It never is when it comes to you, is it?"

"Where not talking about this right now. When your mother comes, you can discuss this with her."

"I'm not going with you. I'm staying and don't even think about stopping me."

"Oh, I won't be the one stopping you this time."

"What do you mean?-"

"It's time you listen to your father Skylar, it's time to come home."

~*~

Avery

They say every story has a happy ending, and this time for me there is. No, this story isn't over, although it's almost quite finished. I've learned these past few months that life can surprise you in many ways. There's a bunch of secrets that follow along but you have to decide whether their worth fighting for or losing for. Death comes in many ways,

And so do discoveries.

This bus ride to Phoneix had me thinking, and I wanted to discover more and learn the ideals.

Jason and I have been through a lot since we've met but we've always made it back to each other. My plan was to find his weakness one way or another and I did, it was me. How'd I do it? Well that's my dirty little secret, a secret I'd like to share in the game.

~*~

I reached for my phone out of my pocket as I looked out the window as the bus took off, an old lady took a seat next to me as I scrolled through my contacts and pressed the button and placed the phone to my ear as I smiled at her and then looked back out the window. "Surprised to see you calling me." Skylar started. "Well your in for a bigger one." I replied. "What is it?", "I wanna join the game." I replied. "Are you sure?" She asked. I stayed quiet for a while as I continued to carefully think this through as I bit down on my lip. "I'm sure." I replied.

~*~

Link to "The Game Trailer" : http://youtu.be/b50GVcZFRBE

Vote & Comment.