#42 You're A Mermaid

Ashton: “Hey, babe? Do you want to go to the beach today with the boys?” Ashton asks you. You look up from the TV at him hesitantly. “Erm… okay. But I don’t want to swim,” you tell him. “Y/n you never want to swim, why? Are you afraid or something because I’m here to protect you,” he says to you sweetly. “It’s nothing, Ash. Don’t worry about it,” you smile then get up to get ready. While at the beach you’re laying down on your towel in the sand, eyes closed. Calum had a genius idea to splash water on you. He grabs a bucket, gestures Michael and Luke to follow him. Ashton just watching on the sidelines not knowing what to do. Calum dumps the bucket of water on to you. You scream, and jump up running to the water and diving in. “Y/N!!” Ashton calls running after you diving into the water as well. The three other boys on the beach laughing and then continue to play their game of football. “Y/N!? Y/N!” Ashton yells trying to find you in the water. You are watching from underneath him hesitant about showing him the real you. You decided to show yourself. You surface your head in front of him, “hi Ashton.” He grabs you in for a hug not noticing your tail at first but your long tail brushed up against his legs causing Ashton to jump. “What was that?” Ashton asks letting go of the hug you two shared. Ashton looks down into the clear water, seeing your tail he looks at it in disbelief. “Ashton? I wanted to tell you but I was afraid of what you were gonna say.” “You’re a mermaid?? Since when? Are you using you’re majestical powers to make me fall in love with you because I think it’s working,” he smiles giving you a small kiss. You smile back at him not knowing what to say. You just take his hand and swim around showing him the beauty of the sea. “Y/n, I have one question.” “What is it?” “How do you shower?”

Luke: “Luke,” you say to him from across the table while you two are eating dinner together at your place, “I need to tell you something that I’ve never told anyone before.” “What’s that?” he says looking up from his food. You start to shake and sweat. “Y/n, babe, are you alright? You look pale.” he looks at you with a worried expression on his face. “I’m-“ he cuts you off. “Are you pregnant? Baby how did that happen we used protection every single time!! ARE YOU CHEATING ON ME??” “No, Luke. Listen.” “OH MY GAWD YOU’RE GONNA BREAK UP WITH ME ARENT YOU??!” “LUKE, LISTEN TO ME! I’M NOT PREGNANT AND IM NOT GONNA BREAK UP WITH YOU!!” “Oh…” he says calming down, “then what is it?” You take in a deep breath and sigh, “I’m a mermaid.” Luke laughs, “you’re kidding, right?” He looks at your expressionless face, “oh shit, you’re not kidding,” smile fading from his face. “Come with me, I’ll show you,” you say taking his hand and leading him to the pool you have in your backyard. You jump in as he watches you swim around a while until your tail starts to grow. With only the pool lights in the dark night is illuminating your surroundings. Luke starts taking of his shoes and shirt then jumps in the water with you. You play and laugh in the pool, splashing around. He grabs you close into a warm embrace, “why didn’t you tell me sooner?” “I wasn’t sure if I loved and trusted you enough to show you.” He smiles, “well, it’s good to know that you love and trust me.” You pull him under water to share an underwater kiss

Calum: You sat inside on the arm chair reading a book. You can hear the laughter of the four boys outside. Calum comes inside wearing only swim trunks. “Hey, babe! Come outside, we’re about to have a water balloon fight!” Calum says happily to you. You smile at him, “No thanks, babe. I’m just about to get into a good part of the book.” “Okay. Suit yourself,” he says before heading back outside. Moments later you can hear the door opening and giggling. What are they up to now you think to yourself. They all jump into the room you’re reading in and they start squirting you with their squirt guns. At first you’re screaming and giggling but then you remembered… “Oh fuck,” you said then running into the bathroom. Just as you locked the door you fell because your mermaid tail couldn’t support you standing up. “Ow,” you say. “Y/n?” you hear Calum say from the other side of the door, “Are you alright?” “Yeah, I’m fine. Just stubbed my toe on the toilet…” you say in response. You idiot you think to yourself, who stubs their toe on the fucking toilet. “We’re sorry we upset you,” says Ashton. “Oh, I’m not upset… just um…” you stutter. “Then what’s wrong?” asks Calum. “Hey boys, could you, um, please leave Calum and I to talk?” “Sure thing,” Michael says and they retreat back outside. You open the door to let Calum in but before you open it all the way you ask him “promise not to freak out?” “Freak out? Freak out about-“ you open the door. “Oh,” is all he says. You start to close the door again but he blocks it with his hand. “Don’t hide it, babe.” At this moment you’re all dry again and your human legs come back. You stand up meeting eye to eye with Calum. “I’m a fish…” you say sadly. He smiles, looking at you, “A really hot fish,” he says putting his hand on your cheek and kissing you. “I’m in love with a fish,” he says before kissing you one last time.

Michael: You’re lying in yours and Michael’s shared bed holding a game controller in your hand playing some video games. Michael was in the kitchen getting you a glass of water. You yell in frustration when you’re opponent continuously kills you every time you spawn in. “UGH!” you yell. “What’s the matter, babe?” Michael asks walking in with holding a glass of water. “This guy keeps killing me!” you tell him, “and he’s supposed to be on my side!” Michael walks towards you offering you the glass, just when you are about to reach up and grab it Michael trips on the game controller cord spilling water all over you. “Shit.” you both say. “I am so so sorry, y/n,” he says. You let out a small yelp and hide under the covers as you transform to your fishy self. “Y/n? Are you alright?” “Don’t look at me, I’m hideous,” you protest from under the covers. “Oh, come on, y/n. You’ll always be beautiful,” he says before pulling the covers off of you. You scream trying to cover yourself up with the pillows. “Y/n?” You look up at him tears welding up in your eyes. “Oh no, babe. Don’t cry I’m sorry I tripped over the controller cord causing you to lose the game. I’m sorry,” he says coming over to wrap his arms around you. You look at him confused, “Michael, are you just going to ignore the fact that I’m half fish?” you sniffle. “I always knew you were unique, y/n. You’re so beautiful even if you are half fish.” he says giving you sweet kisses all over your face. “Let’s finish that game to teach that betrayer a lesson.” he tells you plugging the controller back in.