At The Game

An hour later I was at home getting ready for the Hockey game. I left my outfit the same but just touched up my hair and makeup. I was done getting ready in minutes. I pulled out my phone to see Wes texted me,

'Just driving down the road to your house I will be there in a minute.'

I grabbed my baggy LA Kings navy hoodie and headed downstairs with a small white coin purse.

I realized I forgot my lucky LA Kings snapback in my room. I rushed up to grab it when I heard the doorbell ring, oh lord my dad was home. I tried to hurry but it was too late... My dad answered the door to see Wes with a foam finger.

"Oh hi sir I'm Wesley Stromberg, is Ashley home?" he asked extending his hand.

"So you're that boy she keeps talking about, nice to meet you" my dad said eyeing Wes's nervous face.

"The pleasure is all mine" Wes said looking my dad straight in the eye.

My dad was impressed I could tell... when my mom and dad were together I had Ben come over and he slammed the door right in his face. That was when Ben was in his 'trouble' phase. I shook my head and walked over to Wes smiling.

"You got the tickets?" Wes asked.

"Yeah I have them right here lets go" I said grabbing the foam finger from Wes.

"When will you be back?" my dad muttered before I got out of the door. Wes faced my dad and spoke confidently,

"As soon as the game ends I will bring her home, I keep my promise sir. Please sir I would hope you trust me, I do not want people to think I am un-trust worthy."

"I admire your honesty Wesley, now you two. Go have fun, not too much fun or else. I'm going to tell you since Ashley never will tell anyone, I'm a hunter, no stranger to a gun."

Wes bit his lip as I piped up,

"Bye dad, I love you but stop freaking out my friends!"

I grabbed Wes's wrist and pulled him out of the house and to his car.

"You excited for the game?" I smiled as we took off towards the arena.

"Yeah, I don't really go to hockey games but I'm glad I'm with you" Wes smiled.

"Thanks, but turn here we can just walk the few blocks instead of paying $15 for parking up close."

Wes turned onto a residential street and we parked. The sun was setting as we started walking towards the arena. Wes grabbed my shoulder and pulled me in close. He was so sly, ugh why was I head over heels for this cheesy fool. Wes was that guy that no one could resist, the kind of guy I tried to stay away from. Still Wes's personality was the thing that broke me, the thing that made me feel like I could trust him. We got in and took our seats at center ice, and grabbed some snacks. The game started and we were full into the action as it played for the first half. It was half time and Wes took off to the bathroom as little halftime games started off. The 50/50 draw was announced and I sat by myself in the seat waiting for Wes to come back; only 5 more minutes until the game started again. Wes walked down the stairs back to our seat covered by his hoodie just encase any emblems came to the game.