Getting Over A Heart Break

Sorry its Short

********************************************

I could not believe what I had heard; Wes told me he liked me? It was like trying to resist a giant chocolate bar that was the world’s best chocolate but if you had some you would explode. Yeah I’m weird but I think that’s a valid example.

I walked back into my house and turned on the TV when suddenly my phone rang, it was Keaton.

“Hey Keaton…” I sighed lowly.

“What’s got you down in the dumps?”

“Ben broke up with me because Wes and I kissed, it just happened somehow and I do not know how to feel.”

“You KISSED Wes?!”

“No WE kissed. As in both of us, not just me” I said as a small damp tear slid from my eyes.

“Oh. I’m sorry to hear about that, I was going to ask if you wanted to uh maybe hang out. Go skate boarding or something?” he asked unsure of what to do.

“That sounds nice but I kind of just want to stay home…”

“Well how about I come over and we can watch a movie or something fun?”

“That sounds nice I guess… Come on by when you’re ready” I sighed while hanging up.

I flopped over on the couch and thought about what was going on in my life. I lived in California, I was friends with EMBLEM3, and I was in love with Wesley Stromberg, the most crazy part of this all was that he liked me back. I felt helpless, I wanted to be more than just friends but how would that make people feel? It would break Ben’s heart completely if I just got over him within a few hours. I needed time to figure this all out; Wesley was just something I could not ignore. Wes was like my best friend but he also had a special place in my heart.     

  He was Mr. Perfect, if we dated, fans would get angry and I would just be another nobody from New York who ‘stole’ Wesley from his fans.

I was not about to be hated by every Emblem in the world, though I wondered if it could really be worth it. I know I blow things out of proportion a little too much, but if I do that then the outcome would be a giant relief. 

I turned over to face the clock and realized I had been lying on the couch for a full 24 minutes. Keaton would be here any minute, so I decided to get up.

I walked over to the front door to see Keaton arriving from a black car with his skateboard in hand.

“Hey Keaton” I smiled giving him a quick hug.

“Hey Ash you ready to get your movie on?!”

“What?” I asked confused.

“Are you ready to watch a movie?”

“Next time use proper grammar, okay sweetie?” I laughed patting his cheek.

“Did you just call me sweetie?” Keaton asked raising an eyebrow.

“You’re so little of course I did!”

“Hey you’re only 18, I’m 17. I’m not that little”

“I’m 19 next week, get it right boy!” I hissed in a joking tone.

“Oh yeah, we are going to throw you an epic party, hopefully, as long as we don’t have a little career thing to do” he smiled taking a seat on the couch.

“I have always wondered what an EMBLEM3 style birthday party would look like, huh, I might actually get one” I smiled popping in Reel Steel my favorite movie of all time.

“I hope we do get to throw you a birthday party, it will be fun” Keaton smiled tucking himself on the other side of the couch with a soft and fuzzy ‘Bears’ blanket.