She's Got to Give Him Up

The next morning I woke up really late, like 3pm. I came downstairs to see a few bodies and a messy house. I could hardly remember anything; I remember some kind of group chant around a fire, pushing someone in the pool and the locket around my neck. I smiled as I gave a small tug on the locket and walked to the kitchen. Wes was cooking something on the stove; I smiled and eyed him quickly. He was wearing green cargo pants, and a cloth hung over his bare back, not that I was complaining. Oops. 

He looked up and shot me a smile,

“Hey there sleeping beauty”

“Good morning” I smiled moving my long messy brown hair away from my face. I adjusted my blank tank top and shorts as Wes put a bowl in front of me.  

“Oh Thanks, what is it?”

“Soup, chicken noodle, It’s from a can” he said sitting down across from me.

“Wow and I thought I would be the one cooking in our relationship” I exclaimed.

“It’s your turn to cook tomorrow though!”

“Okay, fine, as long as you come to the house of blues with me tonight, to see Ben’s band” I smiled finishing up.

Wes agreed and I headed back upstairs, I packed a pair of shorts and makeup so I was good. I got washed up, changed, and then I did my makeup. I was ready to tackle the day but my shirt looked like crap. I let my hair fall into waves as I headed downstairs. I pulled out my phone and texted Ben,

‘Hey I will see you later; I’m bringing Wes as my date. Good Luck!’

‘Oh, Okay. Uh I will see you soon. Thanks again. Whatever, bye’ Ben texted back momentarily; what was his problem?

“Wes, can we go to the plaza before we leave. I want to get a new shirt” I asked as I slipped on my blue Low tops.

Soon enough we were off to the mall and I bought a new outfit, a glittery Aztec crop top, blue distressed skinny jeans, and burgundy low tops. I slid on a black Cross bracelet, and headed out with Wes. After long hours of waiting, driving, eating, and get ready, we finally arrived. I grabbed the VIP pass and we headed to the back entrance. Security was tight but no problem, it was awesome. I have never been backstage for a concert at the House of Blue.

“So how are you feeling?” Wes asked as we made it down the hall to the backstage. Ben’s Band was about to go on soon, my palms started sweating,

“I’m nervous for them, like what is going to happen?”

“I hope it’s good” Wes mumbled as Ben approached.

“What the hell is HE doing here?” Ben snarled.

“Ben I told you… Wes is my boyfriend and I told you earlier!”

“I did not think you would actually bring the fucking dog!” Ben roared.

“Ben what has gotten into you?!”

“Oh what has gotten into me, Ha-ha, it turns out you barely know the guy. I found out his past!”

Wes turned away slightly, as Ben muttered away onto the stage as he was called,

“I know your past dude, don’t think it disappeared.”

“Wes what is going on?”

“I, I don’t know…” Wes lied as I watched as Ben grabbed his guitar and stood in front of everyone.

“I wrote this song this morning for my best friend Ashley, I hope you realize what I’m trying to say about him” Ben announced.

His voice echoed loudly to the song which oh most brought me to tears, each lyric speaking to me directly. Was he really telling me what I was hearing?

(Song in side link… Really good song! By Faber drive a really GREAT CANADIAN BAND!)

After a few songs, I was still in shock. Neither Wes nor I spoke until they were done. I was frozen, the lyrics still echoing through my head. Soon their band finished up and Ben marched over to me. Tears started streaming down my face, I was in shock.

“What the fuck was that Ben?!” I screamed through my tears.

“It was not clear? Your little boyfriend was a cheater, a player, he has done things unbelievable. Why don’t you ask Tiffany?”

“What, who is Tiffany?” I asked turning to Wes.

“My Ex-girlfriend… She got pregnant but the doctors did a forced miscarriage. We were only 16. It was a mistake but I’m trying to move on… I’m sorry I never told you Ashley but I did not want you to know for a while. I didn’t want you to think I was a monster, someone who was afraid. I did not want you to go through what I had. Make you think I was immature and careless” Wes muttered grabbing my shoulder.

“Wes how could you not tell me, don’t you trust me?” I asked with tears in my eyes.

“I do Ashley; I just did not know how our relationship was going to go if I did. I did not want you thinking that if you are with me you might end up the same way as her…”

“Wes I-I’m sorry. I have to go” I cried rushing away.

“What, Ashley wait!”

“No Wes, leave me alone, please. I need some time. Just for now, goodbye Wes” I said kissing his cheek leaving him.

Wes oh most became a father at such a young age; he was so careless back then. It was hard to hear “Yeah your boyfriend could have been a father to a 4 year old child right now?!”

How was I going to deal with this news?