Cutting Class

“Mom; where is my skateboard?!” I yelled from my room.

“Gone!” she called back.

I stomped downstairs and ran to the kitchen.

“What do you mean gone? How am I supposed to get to school?”

“The real question is what you are wearing?” she shrieked looking at my Beatles Tee.

“I’m wearing this and my black skinnies, what’s so wrong with that?” I shrugged.

“You are supposed to wear your uniform, go upstairs and change before its time to go. You have 10 minutes, and would it kill you to do your hair? Leaving it wavy and down looks wrong, go put it in a bun. Where you glasses!” she said directing me back to my room.

I put on a black skirt, and the grey blazer.

I tied my hair in a bun and headed downstairs.

“Finally presentable, remember to be home by 5 tonight. The school gala is at 7:30” my mom said as we drove to my school.

“Whatever…” I mumbled.

We pulled up to my school a few minutes later and I hopped out on the front seat.

“Bye” I grumbled walking into the front door.

I opened the front door and saw all of the other girls walking around chatting and talking to each other.

“Hi weirdo Willow!” one sneered.

“Save it Alexis!” I gritted my teeth at the red head at her locker.

“It should be legal for that girl to be here” she said turning to her friend.

“I wouldn’t even consider her a girl” the blonde hissed.

That hurt. I could care less though; I just kept my head high and walked to my locker. I slammed by bag in my locker and headed to class clenching my History book. Only 4 more days in this hell hole until summer.

I walked into class and sat in the back desk, I pulled out my phone and started texting my friend Ben.

‘Hey Ben-wetter’

‘Hey Ash what’s up?’

“Nothing just sitting in History…. Ugh’

‘You should cut next class and come hang out, I’m at the drumyard’ he texted.

‘Cool I think I will, can we go to your place and get my stuff before we head out?’