The Guy in the Glasses

Friday morning I woke up early and began getting ready, it was a 2 and ½ hour flight so I dressed how I wanted. I put on black yoga pants, and a grey NY hoodie. I slid on my black VANS and tied my hair into a ponytail. I left my face make-up less yet I still found myself look good. I grabbed my 5 suite cases and headed downstairs.

“Ashley?” I mom called.

I walked into the kitchen and she frowned.

“I know you’re hard to handle but you can stay if you want, I know you can change!” she pouted.

“Mom you’re sending me because I DON’T WANT to changed, I’m happy the way I am, you should be happy I’m not all girly, mean, and prissy.”

“I want a daughter who likes to go shopping, meet boys, and be in beauty pageants. I want to have a strong bond with my daughter!”

“Well if you wanted that then you should have tried doing the things I like, not what you want me to like” I snapped heading out the door.

“Ashley!” my mother yelled after me.

“Mom my plane leaves in 2 hours, we have to go.”

She nodded though she was angry at her defeat; we began to drive towards the airport.

When we arrived I gave my mom a hug, the first one in quite a few months.

“Good bye mom, I still love you but if you can’t accept me for me then I have to find someone who will…”

“Ashley, I love you, I will truly miss you and I cannot wait to see you in 6 months” she smiled grasping me for the last time.  

I left her there and headed towards my flight.

I sat down as I got a text from Ben,

‘Hey Ash I will be there in 10, just in security! Plane will be boarding in 15 min!’

‘See you soon’ I smiled as I plugged in my head phones to listen to some E3.

Ben jogged over to me and smiled,

“You ready Miss New York?”

“Yup, I’m ready to go to Cali!” I smiled as we boarded our plane.

“Where are you sitting?” I asked him.

“Row 24 seat D, where are you?”

“Row 2 seat A? Wait I think that’s first class?” I said shocked.

“Wow, you are so lucky, if there is an open seat come back and tell me, then we can talk” he smiled as I sat down.

“See you later Ben!” I called sitting down beside a guy about my age.   

“Hello” I smiled shoving my carry on in the overhead bin.

He stayed quite but he smiled, he looked familiar but I could hardly tell because of the sunglasses and the hoodie.

“The name is Ashley; it’s nice to meet you… Have I seen you before? You look vaguely familiar.”

He pulled down his hoodie and took off his sunglasses,

“Maybe on the X-Factor or something…. the name is Keaton, Keaton Stromberg” he smiled extending his hand.

“Oh wow, you’re, you’re him?!” I chocked shaking his hand.

“So you’re a fan I’m guessing?”

“A HUGE one actually, Emblem3 is my favorite band in the whole world!”